Baby Bumps

Chapter 16

Chelsea’s POV

I woke up to the smell of breakfast radiating from the kitchen. “Oh help yourself, Carlos.” I heard my mum say to someone. Carlos, what was he doing in my house so frickin’ early. I looked at the time and saw that it was just seven am.

I quickly went to the bathroom to take a shower and brush my teeth. Looking at my reflection in the mirror, I grimaced at my now chubby cheeks and big tummy. If I was going to be stared at, I at least would wake down looking good.

I decided on a short purple gown and a white sandal. I straightened my hair and put on mascara with pale lip gloss. Completely forgetting about Carlos in the sitting room, I put on my earphone and clicked on ‘Naked by Eric Iglesias.’ Of course if I was still a cheerleader, I would have woken up earlier for practice, but I guess now I still had like thirty minutes extra.

I walked around to put some books in my backpack, mouthing the words of the song loudly. Someone clutched at my leg tightly, tugging at it slightly.

“Hey Jace,” I grinned ruffling his hair. Jace is my brother and even though it was really annoying having to share a room with him. It was just too difficult to be angry at him. He was just so cute and really sweet and sometimes when I got really sad or couldn’t sleep, he would roll off his bed and come snuggle with me on mine until we both fell asleep.

“Chelsea! Mum made pancakes,” he grinned widely, standing up. “Oh and this guy…” he gasp. “Is he your boyfriend?”

“No Jace, he isn’t.”

“Well he sounded like he was,” he muttered as he went downstairs.

I rolled my eyes and went downstairs. “Hey mum,” I greeted, walking over to peck her on the cheek. Taking a bite of the wonderful pancakes mum made, I took it down with the orange juice on the table.

“Carlos,” I called after clearing my throat. He was just standing there, staring at me. “What are you doing here?”

“I came to pick you up,” he smirked. While Taylor’s look was all sweet and cute, his was rough and more on the edge; the scar on his left eyebrow made it more believable. His light brown eyes, the look of smooth melted honey matching his hair was what attracted me to him in the first place that night.

I couldn’t deny he was fine as hell. I touched my stomach, scowling as I remembered he was the cause of all this. His eyes moved with my hands and he moved towards me, his focus not wavering.

He touched my stomach with his hands, his eyes widening. “did you feel that?” he asked.

I nodded, feeling the kick of the baby, it was so beautiful.

I scowled again, pulling away. “I don’t need a ride.”

“But Chelsea quit being so ungrateful, his just being nice,” my mum turned to me, looking at me with a stern stare.

My eyes widened, what did she mean by ungrateful. All of a sudden he stopped from being a no good jerk to being nice.

I glanced at my phone. Melissa was supposed to pick me. Oh snap why did I keep forgetting that she wouldn’t show up. Lately she’s been so out of it and I rarely got to see her.

“Well if you insist,” I told him. “Bye Jace, bye mum,” I spoke over my shoulder as I walked out the door.

“Bye Miss Vega,” I heard Carlos say.

We entered the Opel Vectra which had seen better days. We drove in silence for some time then he turned up the radio. It played some night by fun and I hummed to the beat.

“So, your mum told me you went for an ultrasound on Friday,” he brought up surprisingly.

“Yes,” I replied in a matter of fact.

He looked at me like I was the most unbelievable creature in the world. “And you didn’t bother to inform me?” I would have gone with you.” He told me his voice calm but had the small tint of anger to know he wasn’t.

“I didn’t think you would want to go or that you weren’t busy.”

“For the love of God, this is also my child we are talking about. Of course I wanted to go with you.”

I stayed quiet. “Chelsea, I know you don’t think much of me and none of us is really ready to bring anyone into this world, but I promise you, I would do everything thing possible to make it alright between us.”

Turning my gaze from the window, I looked at him. He was looking brutally honest.

“I’m sorry, maybe next time?”

“Really? I would love that?”

“Okay, cool,” I said just realizing that we had been parked for some time.

“Thanks for the ride,” I thanked him, swinging my backpack over my shoulder as I walked towards the school doors.

I walked down to my locker bumping into Taylor. He looked at my back, at Carlos, then back at me. With accusing eyes, he passed me saying nothing.

Melissa’s POV

“What’s all the fuss about?” I asked Shannon after first period.

“Look,” she pointed. “Apparently he moved from Florida yesterday.

I turned towards the direction she gestured to and wow the new guy was gorgeous. He had short blond hair, pretty blue eyes and a body you couldn’t deny was fit for a magazine cover.

“And how do you know that?” I asked her but my eyes were still looking at him. He had a weird vibe I couldn’t put a finger on. The way he stood and interacted, like he wasn’t used to this type of setting.

“I know things and isn’t he so hot?” she commented, fanning her face.

I didn’t answer. Of course Kelly was already by his side being totally obvious about what her agenda was. He looked straight at me and smiled before turning his attention back to Kelly.

“Urgh! She is such a slut,” she said referring to Kelly but I had a feeling she was saying that because she was jealous.

We walked down the hall and Shannon stopped by her locker leaving me to walk down alone. “Hey Chels,” I greeted once I saw her by her locker.

“Nice of you to say hi!” she said with too much cheerfulness, making me know she was mad at me.

“Chels, I’m so sorry I didn’t pick you up, I wasn’t at home,” I apologized.

“And on Friday? I think technology has made it possible for people to contact each other from a long distance through what is called a phone!” she said like her mouth was full of potatoes.

I rolled my eyes although I couldn’t deny that she right and I was a bad friend. I saw her voiced mail and forgot to call her back when I came back from the lake house.

“I’m sor-” I started to say.

“You know, I went for an ultrasound on Friday, she was so beautiful Mel, you should have seen her.”

“Really? That’s awesome, I wish I was there…wait a her?”

“Yup, isn’t that great? Mum came with me and now she likes Carlos. Gosh I have so much to tell you!”

I grinned, thank God she was back to her normal self. “Yeah, me too.”

“Hey how about a girls night out?” she asked enthusiastically. My clothes can’t fit anymore.

I chuckled. “Yeah, sure.”

The bell rang bringing us out of our friendly reunion. “Great biology,” Chelsea muttered.

 Hey guys, Merry Chrismas:D... hope this chap is enjoyable:D...oooh so what do you think of the new guy?:P