Love Me Or Hate Me

enjoy:)

“Are you sure, I mean Scott is such a nice guy, I don’t think his capable of rape, maybe he was just drunk and wasn’t thinking,’’ Chelsea said defending Scott even after I told her what he did to me and Travis.

She stopped for a moment, pulling an expression of being deep in thought. She was so dumb; I swear sometimes I think she’d be better off being blond. “Really? Travis? When did you guys have the time to talk about that stupid bitch Shauna,” she pulled a face at Shauna’s name.

Chelsea and Shauna had a pretty weird history. Ever since they went on a field trip in eight  grade and Shauna and some of her friends shaved off Chelsea’s entire hair and left a tiny chunk hanging in the middle of her hair making her look like all those men in kunfu movies. She didn’t stop at that, she also shaved her eyebrows; that made the situation worst because Chelsea eyebrows was one of the features that made her face so beautiful. It was full and shaped nicely and probably wouldn’t need a stylist touch in all her lifetime. When Chelsea woke up the next morning and saw her face she was so furious that she ended up breaking Shauna’s arm and leg. Damn I wish I was there to see her face. When she told me, we ended up getting detention because I was laughing so hard, I didn’t know when I was banging my fist on the locker instead of answering the question the teacher asked me in a quiz.

“He kind of dropped me home,” I answered.

“Oh! That’s what everyone has been talking about! I heard Travis broke Scott’s ribs because Scott was trying to protect you from being raped and then you slapped him and told him that you wanted Travis instead of him. How-could-you-allow-that-asshole-to-use-you-like that!” she sucked in a deep breath, catching a break from the ramblings then looked at me. “Oh wait are those true…” she finally asked when she saw my confused expression.

“Where did you hear that, didn’t you hear a word i said,” I told her, my face the definition of calmness even though there was an unspoken undercurrent in them. I screamed in my head, what is it with this school anyway! Just rumours after rumours. “I clearly stated that Scott was about to force himself on me, Travis came saving the day then took me home,” I rolled my eyes at the memory.

Oh! Now I remember, I guess my mind was somewhere else,” she blushed. “Are you okay though?”She asked. “And one more thing, stay away from that Travis guy, his into some really dangerous shit.”  I Scowled face at her. “Im serious Mel, I just don’t think you should associate with a guy that’s in a gang.”

“How would you know that?”

“Everyone knows that, besides I know everything that happens in my neighbourhood.” I forgot Chelsea lived in the same part of town as Travis. I kind of pitied her some times. The place was filled with dissected and burnt cars, dumpsters and plenty of uncompleted buildings. Chelsea’s house was part manageable but they still couldn’t afford a three square meal. The place was filled with thugs and gang members so I preferred to drop her off before it became too late. The only reason she was accepted in the popular group was simply because she was extremely pretty and was dating one of the most popular guys in school.

I ignored her protest and asked her instead “where were you anyway?”

She blushed vigorously at the question and whispered in my ear. “Taylor and I did it, I’m no more a virgin!” she said the last part away from my ear, loudly and unknowingly, making people to look up and give us weird looks. She blushed more, her head redder than a tomato when Taylor winked at her.

I laughed hard. “How was it, great right?”

“It was better than great, it was awesome. He was so gentle and just sweet and when he put his…” she sighed entering into another world of her own.