Obsessed

CHAPTER 5.

I stepped out of English class with Lucy and Chelsea; Chelsea and I had almost every class together. Scott was right there leaning against the wall. No, not again! I was so sick of him, it had been a week since that night at the party and since then he has been at my neck every day. He follows me like a puppy everywhere and immediately after classes he is always there, leaning at the wall waiting for me.

At first I was really angry at him, but then he started apologising, sending me texts and calling me every single day and every hour, so I told him it was okay that we were still cool but we couldn't get back together. After I told him that, it just got worse.

"Hey Mel, how was class?" he asked me, his eyes brightening when he saw me.

"Bye Mel, see you at practice." Lucy and Chelsea both told me glaring at Scott. I chuckled to myself; they were also tired of him too.

"It was good, what do you want Scott?"  I asked, sighing.

"I thought we could hang out together?" he suggested.

"Sorry, can't, I've got other stuff to do," I said trying hard not to make my tone relate to the way I was feeling.

"What else are you doing?" he asked his eyes hardening, his voice stern and suspicious.

What the hell was wrong with him! He had suddenly changed. "It's none of your business." I told him, not bothering to hide my anger this time, and brushed pass him to go.

He grabbed my arm roughly to stop me then turned me to face him. "Answer the damn question."

"What does it matter to you" he tightened his grip, damn that was going to leave a bruise later on. "Let. Go." I said through gritted teeth.

He slapped me hard on the cheek. Okay was he high? I thought as I stared at him with wide eyes.

"You belong to me and I own you. You don't have the right to do something unless I say so." He commanded.

"What the hell is wrong with you Scott?! Oh so you're my dad now? And fucking let go!" I yelled, I saw Travis from the corner of my eye but he just glanced at me and passed by, couldn't he come and annoy me? At least that was better than this torture. I thought about shouting his name but he was already gone. Why of all days did Mr Paterson release us early? Now it was only us in the hall.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't.I didn't, hey I bought you something," he said the last part brightly as though nothing had just happened, then he brought up a stuffed bunny I had not noticed he was holding. Oh my God, he's gone crazy, I thought.

"I don't want your stupid gift, just let me go and stay the hell away," I said, glowering at him. He finally let me go and I passed him relieved. I could feel his eyes boring at my back as I headed towards my locker.

"I can't believe you left me alone with that psycho" I said to Chelsea when I reached her locker that was two away from mine.

She shrugged, "Sorry, I couldn't stand him, at first I thought he was cute and just wanted you back but now his starting to creep me out."

"Oh that's right, thanks for not leaving me all by myself when he's around," I said, sarcastically.

"Whatever Mel, just tell him to leave you the fuck alone."

"You guys better not be late for practice!" Kelly yelled from the end of the hall and just as quickly as she came, she disappeared.

Lucy opened her locker, which was next to mine and removed her pom poms. "The queen of bitches herself, I hope practice won't be hell today," she said under her breath, closing her locker. I removed my pom poms also and we walked towards the practice field.