Insanity

Chapter 9

This was so not happening to me. Rumors were starting to go around school that I was pregnant and the fact that my stomach was coming out way too much wasn’t helping matters.

I clutched my pink fluffy jacket closer to me as I tried to avoid all the stares and whispers that was directed to me.

I couldn’t tell Mel what was happening. Her perfect figure was starting to fade away, at least to me anyway. She seemed really stressed out, id never seen her like that before. I didn’t know if it was this Travis guy, the very annoying Scott that just wouldn’t give her some breathing space or just her typical house problems. Anyways I couldn’t burden her more by telling her about my pregnancy, although I think she would still find out soon enough.

Regionals was a few weeks to come and l was already lacking behind on some of the steps that I needed to learn. Cheerleading wasn’t like basketball or football but you still had a better chance of making it to college if you were part of it. That was the reason I wanted to be popular.

People from my part of town were considered outcasts, and most of them just end up forced into marrying some rich man by their parents because they couldn’t continue living the way they were. I didn’t want to end up like that, I wanted to go to college, get a good job and fend for my family. Move them away from the horrible place we live in.

I saw Taylor approaching me. I hated lying to him. He was so dense lately but had come to terms with being a father. He was actually getting a little excited.

My chance of having a better life would definitely mean being with Taylor. His dad owned one of the top automobile stores in America and his mum owned a very big boutique where everything you touch worth more than my mother’s salary for a whole year. They were flowed in money and if Taylor was going to take care of my unborn child as he had sworn to do earlier, it meant my family and I won’t have to suffer anymore.

Deep down I knew my fantasy wasn’t going to last long. He was going to find out sooner or later that he wasn’t the father and everything was going to fall down in pieces.

I wont have my cheerleader position anymore because I would be too pregnant to even do a simple high kick, Taylor would obviously leave me, hopefully not and that would leave me with that asshole; Carlos. How could I rely on him? He was in a gang for heavens sake; he had no purpose in life. How could I rely on someone that could be shot dead the next day?

Melissa POV

I went to Pablo’s place yesterday; he still didn’t have my pills. For how long was I going to endure this, I couldn’t take anymore trouble in my life. One more mishap and I should be afraid that I would change in the middle of the school hall!

I had been going to Pablo’s place every week to check if he had gotten any supply, but unfortunately all I kept getting was that the plant was too rare and I would have to wait longer to get it. He always asks what I wanted to use the drug for and I would always find a suitable excuse for it.

I entered the class breathing in and out slowly. I was doing everything lately to keep me calm and keep my image in perfect shape. Having too much to worry about could do that to you. I didn’t want to even think about Haley, afraid I might have another break down in front of everyone.

Travis was smirking at me as I sat down at our table. I rolled my eyes thinking about what had gotten into him today.

“Hey penguin,” he smiled. I raised my eyebrows at the nick name and the smile. Then I saw him smack his head and murmur ‘penguin?’, that made me smile for the first time today. Yeah, something was definitely up with him. It was kind of creepy.

I huffed and pulled my stood away as far as possible, didn’t want Shauna to think anything was happening between us and add to my list of haters.

“You know you would have to come around sometime. We are lab partners now, we would be spending a lot of time together,” he winked.

I scrunched my face. “Yeah, more time together, exactly what I would want, and enough reason for your girlfriend to run her claws down my face.” I told him, referring to Shauna that was now glaring at me.

“I don’t have a girlfriend, and I'm sure you can hold your own fight… on a second thought, I don’t think so but I would be more than happy to protect you from anyone that would want to spoil that pretty face of yours.”

I wish you could. “Yeah whatever you say to get girls.”

“Im serious, I gat no girlfriend but you would be a good choice for one,” he smirked.

“Yeah right,” I sneered at him.

“I’d say we’d make a great couple.”

“I’d say you were dumber than I thought.”

Miss Dana entered the class. “Everyone should submit their assignments here,” she announced.  I looked at Travis and was surprised when he stood up to go and submit.

Miss Dana had given us an assignment to research on animals and diseases affecting them. I had done mine the same day she gave us to keep my mind off some things. I stood up as well to drop my paper on her desk and when I came back there was a piece of paper on the table with Experiment on oxygen uptake written on it.

“Oxygen uptake?” Travis and I said at the same time. “That is your project. Each one of you has a different project and it requires both you and your partner to work on it.”

Great, more time with that jerk.

Thirty five minutes later the bell rang. I quickly carried my books and bolted out the door. It was excruciating to sit through the whole lesson with Travis smirking or making hot comments about me and him having a hot make out session. He was starting to get under my skin, which wasn’t good, at all.

“Hey Chels,” I greeted when I saw her putting books into her locker. She was acting weird recently, not that I was paying attention to anything other than myself.

“Hi Mel,” she grinned, as if relieved I was there.

“Whoa, what’s with all the stares towards us, do I have something on me?” I whispered to her.

“Naa, Its not you. Come on, I will tell you later. Don’t want to be late for practice.”

Okay, so I hope you guys aren’t angry with me, I know this chapter didn’t have fun parts, it was more like a filler but I promise next chapter would have a lot of drama and interesting stuff happening. Oh and sorry for any mistakes there, I will edit ASAP... please dont criticize me for the lenght..im so sorry for that!:(

Please vote, comment or even fan…everyone needs some encouragement right?:)