Reunion

CHAPTER 20

Chelsea’s POV

OMG! I thought. Look at those marks on her back. I can’t believe I never noticed such a thing, God what a friend I was. It looked like she was flogged a million times, what the hell had happened to her. It was no wonder she was always so secretive and uptight, she must have gone though a lot.

I just wanted to punch Scott right now and give him a piece of my mind. Chelsea’s bravado was back on and it was on full on protective mode. I glanced at the video once more, she looked like a whore but I knew better. She would never allow anyone to use her in such manner which left the only reasoning that Scott had wanted to force himself on her once again. That SOB!

“You look like you’ve been punched in the face,” someone said beside me. I slammed my locker shut hoping to let off some steam on whoever it was near me. “Why don’t you- Taylor!” I was shocked to see Taylor standing by my locker looking all cool and calm as always. It hasn’t really been easy with him; I mean we sit near each other in biology class and he all but ignores me. Just looking at him right now makes me realise how much I’ve missed him. I rubbed my stomach unconsciously.

“So…” he trailed running his fingers through his hair nervously. Why was he here anyway? “How have you been?” he asked playing with the collar of his shirt, a habit he did unconsciously whenever he was feeling anxious. “Really.”

I looked up surprised. “I’ve been good, just a lot of baby stuff going on, you know puffy clothes and all.”

He chuckled. “You look good.”

“Thanks, so um-”

“I was wondering if you would like to hang out, watch a movie or something.” He said his hands now in his pocket.

“Really?” I asked just to make sure I heard it well. Does it mean he doesn’t totally hate me?

“Yeah I bought this vampire collection which I know you love and its not like I would like to watch it all alone,” he smirked.

“Yeah right, I know you just miss me,” I punched him playfully. He blushed, his face turning red to the roots.

“Whatever, I will come pick you at seven pm,” he said before walking away.

RED’s POV

I swirled around in my chair. Once. Twice. Thrice, Damn I was so bored. It was like I was expecting something and I didn’t even know what it was. My business was going down and I needed something to boost it up. Of course I still made mad greens but that wasn’t enough to quench my thirst.

I thought of when I still had Melissa. Just the mention of her name made my claws elongate. It was three years now since she escaped from the mansion and I still couldn’t fathom how stupid I was to have let my guard down. Just the shock of her running through those gates with the help of those stupid servants had made me froze to the spot. Of course they paid the price after that. I couldn’t have imagined where she went to that I couldn’t find her. I searched long and hard and couldn’t find a trace and what made it worse was I couldn’t sense her scent no matter her hard I tried. It was like an extreme force surrounded her or something. I remembered paying the price for losing her.

I went to Master that night, though I knew he already heard about what happened, not reporting in would have cost me more. As foreAnthes it was my job. When I got summoned by the master, the very presence of him made me want to crawl and hide. It was pure darkness, someone or something, who knew, you wouldn’t dare make angry if you have an inkling of sense, and there I was when he was outright pissed off.