Friends

Chapter 17

Melissa POV

I walked into the classroom, humming slightly. I gave Chelsea a hand squeeze before she went to sit with Taylor, which must be weird. I smiled going to sit at my table. That night at the lake house very nice for me, I didn’t have to worry about anything; I just knew that someone cared about me, even just a tini tiny bit. I still didn’t know where we stood, I mean he was nice to me and all and I was more open to him now. I gasped, when did Travis start coming early to class.

 “Hey penguin,” He winked, grinning widely.

“Hi,” I said back eyeing him suspiciously. Something was up with him.

“What?” he asked when he caught me staring.

“Nothing…you just seem happy…way too happy.”

“What, a guy can’t be happy anymore?” he asked, clutching his heart as if my words hurt him.

“Not you,” I muttered.

“I heard that.”

“Miss Joan, kindly take your sit,” Miss Dana said as she looked straight at both of us. “We are here for a class not a romance conference.”

Rolling my eyes, I took my seat next to a still grinning Travis.

 Miss Dana turned her attention back to the class. “Today, we’ll be talking about Natural Conservation. Oh before we continue, I hope to see my project on my table first thing tomorrow morning. No excuses, unless you like having a big F on your report.”

“We haven’t gone halfway through ours,” I hissed at Travis.

“Don’t worry about it, I can come over today.”

“Fine,” I said turning my attention back to Miss Dana. The class was a blur and soon the bell rang. I stood up taking my books with me.

“Melissa,” I heard Travis call from behind.

“Yeah?”

“Um-” he was about to say something before Carlos and his other friends came hugging him as they laughed loudly.

“Whoa, Travis it worked, we’re up two Gs,” one of them said.

I took a quick glance at Travis; he looked like he wanted to escape. Well since I had no idea what they were talking about, I decided to walk down to my locker. Cheerleading was in five minutes and there was no way I wanted to be late. Especially when Kelly had been bugging me about how ‘incompetent’ I was. I knew she just wanted the position though so I didn’t worry much.

I went straight to my locker and Chelsea was already there. I was so sad for her, she’s been through a lot lately and cutting her from cheerleading made it worse. She still managed to look cute though, with the chubby pink cheeks, pouty pink lips and short free purple gown which she pulled off well even with her huge stomach. I would say she was still a catch.

“Hey Chels,” I said to her. “You are coming for the party today?”

“Mel, I don’t know, I don’t have one single nice cloth in my closet, it sucks you know,” she said pouting. I rolled my eyes, leave it to Chelsea to have all the clothes in the world but still want more. She’s like the smaller, good version of Glenna.

“Chels, I can’t. You know I still have to finish my project today,” I told her already knowing that she wanted me to go shopping with her, and trust me hers take forever to finish.

“You weren’t done with it? Taylor and I finished ours earlier,” She said sadly; probably because of Taylor.

“Well I’ve just been so busy lately; Travis and I haven’t had time to complete it.”