Sensual

Chapter 12

Melissa POV

Travis and I studied in the library today, I was still trying to stay angry with but I honestly couldn’t. We have been there for a long time and when the librarian came, telling us it was time to leave we packed our books and strolled outside.

“So…you want to hang out with us?” Travis asked me once we got to the parking lot, his eyes a little hopeful, if I wasn’t mistaking.

“Us?”

“Yeah, my friends and I, we usually hang out together on Friday nights.” I thought of what I was going home to and it didn’t entice me at all. Yesterday I came home from school just to see John about to slap Glenna and an unfamiliar middle aged guy splayed on the floor. I ran upstairs immediately although I was very surprised with what was happening. John had never talked back to Glenna; he treated her like a queen, for him to lay a hand on her meant it must be something serious.

I closed the door slightly when I entered my room. From there I could still hear the shouts from John while Glenna was begging him not to leave. Apparently he had caught her cheating on him with one of her anonymous men.

Going home right now was so not a good idea. “Yeah sure, that’d be good,” I told Travis.

“Um, is this place safe?” I asked Travis when he told me stop in front of an uncompleted building.

He chuckled. “It looks better inside…and it’s safe.”

“Fine.”

He actually wasn’t lying. The inside was better although it looked like a stripe club. There were pool tables, a place with some guys doing what I assume was drugs, a place surrounded by chairs and a game console and TV at the center, another table with cards and drinks on it and music was blaring loudly from a speaker.

I shifted uncomfortably.

“Whoo! Hot mamacita in the house!” a guy that I always saw with Travis shouted, probably drunk.

“Um, we could go if you want,” Travis asked me while scratching his hair.

“No, it’s okay.” I told him as I gulped and clutched my purse to myself.

He led me to a less crowded area to which I was grateful for. My gratitude was quickly diminished as a lot of the guys and girls came surrounding us. One of the boys put a beer bottle in the center.

“Hey, blondie, you playing?” a girl with freakish green hair asked me.

“Um...n-no,” I stammered a bit as everyone’s attention turned to me.

“Awwww, why?” the drunk guy from before pouted, tugging on my arm. “Pleaaassse...Please…please,” he continued.

“Fine,” I agreed, giving up. He actually looked really cute and I know he looked familiar.

“Carlos, get your fucking hand off her,” Travis barked from where he sat. Carlos pouted one more time before going to squat on the floor. I chuckled already liking him.

They started the game asking people to do stupid things once the bottle turned to them. I wasn’t really paying attention and didn’t know when the bottle turned to me.

Travis smirked and I already knew he set it up.

I scowled, waiting for his request.

“Let me kiss you.”

“Or?” I scrunched my face dreading the kissing part.

“Or… write my assignments and notes for three months.”

“Hey, that’s not fair!”

He chuckled. “Your choice.”

“Fine, make it quick,” I said, taking in a deep breadth.

“Make what quick,” he smirked.

“Kiss me already!” I blurted, immediately regretting it, my face already red as he grinned wider.

“Your wish is my command.”

 I closed my eyes, not wanting to see his taunting face but also anticipating his pink lips on mine.

“Hmmm, so you actually want to kiss me.”

“Wha-” I opened my eyes, my face burning, and his lips crashed to mine as soon as I did. I winced in shock of his cold lips to mine which quickly turned warm. He was gentle and soft and went slow. He traced his tongue on my lips seeking entrance. Our tongue intertwined in slow erotic motions and I was lost in the moment wishing I could stay like that forever.

“Yo! Colton got the hot cheerleader,” a guy shouted causing loud shouts and yelling in the background.

Travis cursed out loud and I quickly scrambled up, bringing myself back to reality.

I flushed, not really thinking straight but knowing that the door was my target.

I knew Travis was calling me but my head wasn’t in it right now. What the hell was wrong me?! okay his kiss was breadth taking, he hunts my dream both day and night, and he doesn’t get disgusted with Haley… but so what? Was that enough to let my guard down, for my perfect image to slip away? For my secret to be known.

“Melissa, where the fuck do you think you’re going,” Travis asked me. I was shocked by the use of my full name from him.

“I-I’m going home, Glenna would be worried,” I lied, looking at my shoe.

“…okay,” he looked like he was about to say something but decided against it.

“Fine, can we meet up tomorrow?” Before I knew it, he grabbed my key right off my hand and smirked.

“No Travis and give me back my key.”

“Say yes or find your way back home,” he grinned.

“Travis, I don’t have time for games!”

“Then say yes.”

“Fine, yes.”

“Good it’s a date.” Before I could say anything else he strode away from me.

“Travis my-” I didn’t finish the sentence before he threw my key from the back. I snickered thinking how my life had turned from being the cool, perfect cheerleader to having the school’s bad boy as my biology partner.

Travis POV

 That kiss was definitely a mistake but why didn’t it feel like one. Her soft lips molded perfectly to mine. I still couldn’t wrap my finger around it. I had just kissed Melissa Joan! I knew I had no chance with her, she hated my guts and she doesn’t date boys like me but it still felt great.

The next morning, I had been waiting for Melissa at Sheldon’s. It had been an hour then. It’s ten which is now two hours. The waitress had been coming to ask me stupid questions I didn’t need right now. Where the hell was she!

I was royally pissed and I know it just wasn’t the fact that Melissa stood me up, it was that she was confirming every doubt I had.

I stood up leaving the bill for the drinks. I knew I should go hang out with my friends but I ended up at Melissa’s house. I rang up the bell and a very thin and pretty hot woman opened it. She saw me and attempted to close it. Ouch. I stopped the door with my hand.

“Sorry, we don’t entertain mendicants.”

“Im not here to beg, I’m looking for pen- Melissa.”

“She’s not home.” And with that, she slammed the door. I was sure Melissa was right there telling her what to say.