For Mange Spørsmål

Elsa was still seething in her anger the following morning. The fact she'd have to force herself to smile and behave around those snobs.

She had been debating all night whether to go to her father or not. It would be a waste of time and money for everyone if he decided to turn the boat around and throw away all the work he'd done to finally meet the Westergaards. Elsa also didn't care—what good was it forming an alliance with someone who didn't even like them?

Well... They didn't like her. Her or Jack. Even if Agnarr was excluded from their vitriol, it made no difference. The moment Anna spurned her and called the love of her life a 'thing' was enough to persuade her. Perhaps it was best to go before everyone else was up.

Should she tell Jack...? No. There was already so much on his mind, and he'd been agonizing over this trip for months. Besides, he'd try to stop her from warning her father if she did. He worried far too much about what other people thought about him as it was.

The sun still wasn't out, so Elsa took her chances and slipped out into the halls and found where her father was staying.

...

"No, no. This won't do." Agnarr mused to himself.

"You see? I knew something was up with them the moment they got to Arendelle. Hans was too friendly and Anna didn't even try to put on an act."

He stopped her. "Wait, how do you know Hans feels the same way?"

All she'd said was what Anna said to her the night before. Otherwise, she had nothing else to go by other than her hunch. "Why wouldn't he? They were born with practically the same mind... And where else would she learn such a belief? I bet King Harald tells them—"

"King Harald has offered nothing but praise for you and Jack. Please, don't let your hurt feelings start making assumptions about everyone in the family."

"I don't trust them, Father."

Agnarr pondered this new information. "Remember how you trusted Jackson even when your mother and I didn't?"

Elsa scoffed, "That was completely different!"

"How so? We raised you, and you still disagreed with everything we said." His daughter didn't answer. "Perhaps Anna's prejudices are from her own incorrect judgments, as mine once were." He paused, "If I came around, then she might as well."

"And if you're wrong?"

"Elsa, please." He chided. "This isn't your decision to make."

"But when I become Queen, your alliances become mine."

"And when they are yours, you can break as many as you want. For now, I'm asking you as your father, to just get through this trip without trouble." He looked so desperate. Since when did he care about being liked so much? What made the Westergaards so special other than their wealth? No, Arendelle wasn't especially rich, but they were doing fine! Was it because of his grandchildren that he wanted to have more to give to them?

When Elsa looked into his eyes again, she saw how pleading and tired they were and she gave. "All right. I give you my word; there won't be any trouble." Agnarr reached out and hugged her, then she added, "Not from me, anyway."

He sighed, already worn out by her stubbornness.

...

Jack stirred. He rubbed his eyes with a groggy moan and reached to his side for Elsa... who wasn't there.