Landet Gude

In a little over an hour, the captain would anchor the ship and it would be time for the group to ride to shore.

They were nearing the Lofoten Islands. Waters were turbulent, and they were far above the Arctic Circle. This time of year, even the higher temperatures were still below freezing. Not even Agnarr had been this far north.

He was still much more attuned to cold weather than his Danish guests. They were bundled up in layers and masks over their faces; though it got as cold as it did in Arendelle back at home, the Westergaard's kingdom still had many sunny days to compensate for it. Up there, it was barely November and it was already cloudy and snowy.

It was four degrees below freezing; winds were howling at nineteen kilometers per hour, which had been more than what the crew was expecting. While everyone was kicking themselves for not being more prepared for such cold, Elsa smugly noted to Jack that they were the only ones lucky enough to have been to the North Pole and back without getting so much as frostbite.

Now they understood why they were needed; they'd be helping keep snow from blocking their paths and ensuring the grounds they walked on were stable. If anything, they'd make sure to clear off any space they might need to set up camp. King Harald warned them that sailing would be the easy part; trekking up to where the Angel was said to be frozen would be Hell on Earth without their aid. It was good that they all had some form or another of hiking experience.

"I hope the elevation doesn't kill them." Jack said to Elsa jokingly.

She snorted, "If it does, at least we can leave early."

He quirked a brow, biting on his lip so he didn't laugh. "Where'd that come from?"

"I dunno. I guess even I'm fed up with their company."

"It'll be better when we're off this ship." He put an arm around her, "Maybe it'll be romantic."

"Looking for a fossil of some mythical creature? Charming."

He held her around the waist and spun her around. They leaned in for a kiss.

"My Lord, My Lady–"

They pulled away quickly and pretended they hadn't even been close. Even though it was only an Arendelle guard, they were a bit sheepish about being caught in a moment together.

"We'll be riding to shore soon. Make sure you have everything you're bringing with you ready."

They both nodded. Elsa wasn't exactly anxious to hop off the boat and be forced to interact with the bigots. At least on the ship, she could hide in her cabin when she needed to. One good thing is that she finally could go an hour without feeling seasick. Now it would be the Westergaards making her queasy. She had to give Anna props—at least she didn't pretend that she liked them, Elsa understood such a sentiment. Hans, meanwhile, his faux kindness felt worse than any snide comment Anna could've thrown her way.

Maybe if her words were directed towards herself and not Jack, she might've taken them better. Anna had no idea what Jack had been through, nor how easily small reminders of his past could make him unravel. She'd seen such an occasion only once, and it was by chance since Jack had been hiding from everyone. That petty snob had no right to judge him.

"You good?"

Jack's voice had snapped Elsa back to reality. They'd been packing their traveling bags and double-checking that nothing important was missing. "Hm?"

"You look tense." He said with a slight grin.

"I was just concentrating."

"Your 'concentrating face' looks upset." Jack noted.