Hun Bor

The monastery wasn't the most comfortable place to sleep, but it was the safest option they had. The bitter cold couldn't reach them from the outside and it kept them away from where animals might want to rob their food supply. Guards were still standing at the edges of the building for extra protection.

Jack didn't understand how anyone could sleep in this place, but he presumed he'd have to acclimate. Besides, this wasn't the worst place he'd slept before. Next to him, Elsa was sleeping soundly, finally free of the seasickness. He didn't want to worry her, but he had been thinking about the children non-stop on their walk. Even now, he was hoping that they didn't miss them too much—soon they would get to sing Agnes and Nicholas their lullabies and tuck them in again.

Though it was strange, Jack found himself silently asking the guardians to keep an eye on them. He hadn't seen or heard a single peep out of any of them since dealing with Amelia, yet he felt like they were always watching... Even more so since they had their first child. Surely the Man in the Moon would keep watch of his beloved children, and the Sandman.

As he should, for he was Agnes' favorite.

Give her sweet dreams for me, Sandy... Her and Nicholas.

Jack was about to close his eyes when he heard a peculiar sound. Two murmuring voices, one sounded particularly agitated. It was coming from around one of the corners that led to a long corridor. Normally, he wouldn't care enough to investigate, but with what he already knew about Hans and his father, he wouldn't allow himself to possibly miss hearing any vital information.

Careful not to make a sound and wake the others sleeping close by, Jack tip-toed down the long hall that was once occupied by visiting pilgrims.

"I came here to be alone." Anna's voice whined.

"You know I can't leave you alone when you're troubled." That was Hans. His tone was rather... mocking. It certainly wasn't one of concern.

"Hans. Go. Away." Anna warned. Jack peered around the corner, too nervous he might reveal himself if he got any closer.

Hans was tangling his arms around Anna, who was flinching this way and that to buck him off. Almost like he was trying to force affection onto her in a way that gave her no escape.

"Come on, Sis." Hans was chuckling and squeezing her tight. "For old time's sake!"

"I said get off!" Anna broke free and gave him the most hateful glare she could muster. Jack wasn't sure what he just witnessed, but he couldn't look away. "You and Father's little games were never fun for me." There was almost an element of sarcasm in her voice; this was her family's sick joke.

Hans sighed, "All right, all right. You've just been uptight ever since we got here."

"I am uptight. I'm stuck here in a frozen sprawl I didn't want to go to with two weirdos that could freeze me in the blink of an eye if they wanted to! And now I have to deal with you!"

"You mean we're the ones that have to deal with you." His voice was full of ridicule. "I'll admit, I wanted you to come along so you could be witness to this majestic being, but it seems you've been forgetting your place."

"Don't talk to me like Father's around to hear you. Remember this: we're the youngest of twelve. You're eleventh in line. You're as useless as I am in this family." Anna growled.

All that did was annoy Hans, but he knew her one weakness. "And you remember this: you were a mistake. Only one of us was supposed to be born, and we know which one of us was the... Ahem, 'surprise.'" He air-quoted.