Det Snør i Helvete

Every soldier in Arendelle's royal guard and Sophie were taken prisoner in the dungeons. The Queen and her family remained locked in the study none the wiser to what was happening outside, and there was still no sign of either the Princess or Jack.

On her way down to see the prisoners escorted away, Anna was informed that they had one soldier standing guard at the hidden tunnel that led out of the village in case any 'rebels' tried to return and fight back. With that knowledge, Anna was hatching a plan, but she would have to be cautious.

Every window she passed so far, she could see the gigantesque still hovering in a silent prayer... Or maybe it was just sleeping. Light dripped from its wings. Anna went searching for where the study was, but couldn't remember her way around the damn castle she'd spent less than a day in. She imagined Hans would already have someone guarding the door, so that should be her hint.

Anna wouldn't have much time to search, as Hans found her first. She bumped into him by the staircase on the first floor. Now that he could see her in proper candlelight, he took note of her bruises and cuts... and yet somehow she looked clean and her clothes had noticeable stitches in them. Anna sensed him scrutinizing her with suspicion, so she said, "Shall we get a look at the throne room?"

Her question caught him off guard, but he grinned, "Of course." They were walking beside each other, Anna as tense as ever. "I'm glad you weren't badly hurt. I thought my ankle had been broken, but it was only twisted. We're a lucky pair, aren't we?"

"I suppose it's lucky we survived at all." Anna looked down and saw the chime was strapped to Hans' belt. Break the chime, break the spell. But the last thing she wanted was an angry bat out of Hell destroying everything in sight without any way to stop it. Could she send it far away and then find a way to destroy it?

Maybe those guardians could take it to their world where no mortal could touch it ever again.

When they reached the throne room, lifeless and dark, Anna said, "Hans, suppose the Princess or Jackson do turn up whether it's by dawn or not. What will you do then?"

"I don't know... The fact alone you were able to make it here is still doing my brain in." Hans confessed. He should give Anna credit—she'd always been resilient. She had to be in the world she lived in. She was resourceful as well. "What plan do I need besides using the Angel?"

"You piss off the wrong person, you start a war. Angel or none." Anna answered. God, she sounded like their father. Unfortunately, she'd learned a lot from him. "This has to be done diplomatically. If Jackson doesn't return with Elsa, do you honestly think she'll be talked into marrying you after what you've done?"

"Hmph. Well, it won't be up to her now, will it? I can still persuade the Queen, maybe then the Princess will bite her tongue."

"And if all goes well?" Anna asked, knowing Hans hadn't thought that far ahead. While Hans liked to think he was clever, he really only liked to piggyback off of his father's ideas. When he didn't respond, Anna asked the next important question. "What will you do about that... thing?"

"I keep her hidden and close by. You never know when we'll need her again."

"So you're saying you think you'll need her when you're King?"

Hans sensed Anna was doubting his political prowess. He was tired of this conversation. "Enough, now." He had one thought, however. "Do you actually think Jackson might still be alive?"

Anna replied, "We survived. The Princess is alive. Who says two ice mages couldn't handle an avalanche?" She paused. "Why? Are you worried he'll show up?"