Aftermath

Kushina Uzumaki accepted the fact that she was dead. She not-so-happily accepted that she wouldn't be there to raise her children. She also happily looked at the bright side of things that she would be spending her afterlife with her husband. She accepted it all and prepared herself for the afterlife.

But what she didn't prepare for was the pain. Each and every cell of her body was aching. She groaned as she felt the annoying rays of the sun hit her face, she cursed at the sun and snuggled deeper into her bed...

...WAIT A MINUTE! The SUN? A BED?! What the hell was going on? Surely there weren't any beds or the sun in afterlife...right?! She slowly and painfully opened her eyes. Her vision was a little blurry...She groaned again and rubbed her eyes sleepily.

When she opened her eyes what she didn't expect to see that she was on a bed inside a clean room with the scent of medicines...She concluded that she was in a hospital.

'There are hospitals in afterlife 'ttebane?' She asked herself. She slowly lifted her head to see something really unexpected...There were two cribs by her bedside and there were 2 babies sleeping soundly in them...

In the first crib there was a baby girl with tufts of red hair. She was snoring softly while sleeping. In the second crib there was a baby boy...A very unique baby boy to be exact. He had tufts of golden blonde hair which was streaked with a bloody crimson color at the edges. He had 3 whisker marks on each cheek that literally screamed of 'cuteness'. They were Naruto and Natsumi...

Her blood ran cold at the implications...She was in the afterlife...She was dead...Her children were in the afterlife...Means...

"KUSHINA!!" Her heard a loud shout before she could continue on that line of thought and found herself getting tightly hugged by two slender arms...

What?!

She blinked before she saw the black haired woman who was sobbing while hugging her. It was her best friend Mikoto...

"YOU IDIOT! I WAS SO SCARED!*sob**weep*" Mikoto cried while hugging her childhood buddy.

"Mikoto...Why are you dead 'ttebane?" Kushina asked with horror etched on her face. For that moment Mikoto stopped crying and looked at her blankly with tearful eyes...

...Then the realization hit her, "YOU IDIOT!!!" Mikoto roared as she bonked her best friend on top of her head, "WHY THE HELL WOULD I BE DEAD?! YOU ARE ALIVE DAMMIT!"

Kushina's eyes widened as realization dawned upon her, 'I'm...alive?'

"I'm...alive? Bu-But...I thought...No I knew I was going to...H-How can this be?" Kushina asked herself frantically. Mikoto placed a hand on her shoulder and spoke, "Calm down Kushina...You are alive...It is a miracle but you are still alive...The medics don't know what saved you but I can assure you that you are still alive...But uhh..." Mikoto trailed off at the last...

"But what Mikoto?" Kushina demanded with a scowl.

"...You had a tailed beast ripped out of you...It's a miracle that you survived...But your chakra network was not so lucky...To put it bluntly, you can't use chakra anymore. Your career as a Kunoichi ends here Kushina..." Mikoto said sorrowfully. Kushina's shoulders slumped in disappointment...

"O-Okay...I-I...c-can live w-with that..." Kushina said while wiping her tears, "...Where is Minato by the way?"

The entire room went cold and the temperature dropped several degrees. Mikoto opened her mouth to speak...But no words came out, "H-He...K-Kushina...H-He..." No more words needed to be said...Kushina saw it all in Mikoto's eyes...