For The Love Of Icha Icha

Naruto Uzumaki was not impressed.

Scratch that. He was downright frustrated. He was a little hopeful after hearing that she atleast had a basic understanding of medicinal plants. But apparently...That was it. Ino Yamanaka knew next to nothing about combat. Naruto could easily see it. Her body, weakened by years of dieting was not ready for close range combat. She didn't even have a single offensive jutsu in her arsenal...

Okay. You might think he was being too harsh, since her original purpose in the team had nothing to do with combat anyway...But what if close combat was absolute necessity? What if none of her teammates were there to help her? Heck! The only jutsu of worth i.e Mind Body Transfer Jutsu could only be used when there was someone to watch over her while she was inside the person's mind. And Ino did say that she could use poisoned Senbon but not-so-well.

...That was worrying. Ino was basically a little more than a helpless girl out there if it came to blows. And okay if she was not good at the combat aspect...The girl was black ink blotch on the name of Clan Heirs and Heiresses. She knew next to NOTHING about clan politics or politics in general.

When he asked her about her clan she replied with a simple clueless, 'But my daddy handles that. Why would I get involved with those boring meetings?'

Even his mother wasn't that hopeless in politics. Satsuki may not be well versed in village and international politics, but atleast she was good at what went in and out of her clan.

Ino Yamanaka was just hopeless. Simply hopeless!

It was then that Naruto Uzumaki made a decision. It would be atleast one and a half month before they start taking on missions, given they passed Kurenai's test tomorrow...So they still had time...Naruto won't have a useless whiny wench as his teammate.

With a sigh he turned to the clueless blonde girl who was eating Dango from her plate and talking with a disinterested Satsuki. (After their little introduction with Kurenai, they had decided to go to a Dango shop to get acquainted)

"Yamanaka-san?" Naruto interrupted the girl's rather unimpressive chat about skirts, frocks and gowns and asked.

Ino stopped her rant and turned to Naruto with a raised eyebrow, "Um yes Uzumaki-san?"

"...If we pass the test tomorrow, there is someone I want you to meet..." Naruto said evenly.

Ino narrowed her eyes slightly in curiosity and asked, "Who might you be referring to Uzumaki-san?"

"...Hm. You'll see...If we pass the test..." The red-streaked blonde said mysteriously, ignoring Ino's annoyance.

'Koharu-Obaa-san would be happy to get another sap to cram politics into 'to become the future of Konoha' in her own words...Heh...Ino you don't know what's waiting for you...' Naruto thought with a mental smirk. Although he was eternally thankful his grandma figure who helped him reach the position of the political aristocrat that he was today, once that woman starts on her speech on village politics you just can't stay awake through the whole ordeal without dozing off once.

Satsuki raised an eyebrow at her red-streaked blonde teammate and asked, "...You wouldn't be referring to that old hag would you?"

Naruto frowned lightly at her and chided, "Don't call her that"

Satsuki snorted and turned aside...That Koharu was way too backdated. She didn't just get the concept of Satsuki and Naruto. They were best friends...At the same time they were crushes...According to that old hag, as Satsuki eloquently put it, this sort of scandalous relationship between friends was intolerable...That old lady really needed to update the standards.