19

Aether woke up from his slumber when he felt tiny pats on his head. It kept going and showed no sign of stopping. Aether groaned in annoyance and peeked at who was patting him. His vision, at first, was a blur and it soon cleared and he saw Paimon. A worried look on his face and was clearly stressed at how she found Aether sleeping once again and the fact that their last memory was that weird creature killing them. It definitely left a tiny scar on the tiny female's heart. 

"Aether!" Paimon yelled out joyfully when she saw Aether waking up. Planting herself onto his face. 

"Mmmpphhh!" Aether's scream was muffled by Paimon's own body. Removing the small female off of her face, he took a deep breath. "What happened?" he asked, looking around the room and saw that he was back in the infirmary. 

"Paimon thinks that (YN) helped us!" Paimon said, releasing herself from Aether's hold. 

"(YN)? Are you sure?" Although it was understandable that (YN) was the one who helped them, (YN) had been holed up in his study to figure out a solution.

And Aether doesn't know where (YN)'s study is and he's not sure whether it was close to the second library or not. "Well that monster was quickly dealt with and (YN) is probably the only one who would defeat that monster so easily!" Now Aether can't disagree with that. As strong as the others are, he can't deny that (YN) is the strongest out of them. The man could probably kill all of them with a flick of his finger. Leaving off of the bed, Aether was about to open the door but it opened by Venti himself. 

"Errr... what happened to you?" Paimon asked as she and Aether stared at Venti dumbfounded.  Venti, who was hunching back, was not wearing his usual outfit but he's wearing something similar to a training outfit. A top similar to Liyue's clothing and his pants were straight and it looked quite loose and comfy to wear. The colors of both the top and the bottom were similar, white. To be specific, Venti was wearing a white Chinese wushu uniform.

However, the color was now ruined as it was decorated with dirt and a bit of saliva and blood. Venti's appearance looked akin to what he was wearing. His hair was all over the place despite it was put into a neat and high ponytail. A couple of bruises on his face and his hand looked more calloused than it was before. "Training..." Venti said, his voice as ragged as his appearance.  

"Training? What for?" Paimon asked as she and Aether moved aside to let Venti enter the infirmary. 

"Not sure... (YN) just told us to train along with the others." Venti walked into the infirmary and quickly looked for medicine to treat his small wounds and some ointment to relieve his strained muscles. 

"Others? Are Childe, Jean, Master Diluc also training?" Aether asked and Venti nodded in response.

"You should also go down to the training room with me later. (YN) wants to talk to you about something." Aether hummed in agreement. Waiting for Venti to be done with treating his wounds. Venti put all of the stuff away and pocketed the ointment to bring it down with him to the training grounds. Soon, Venti, Aether, and Paimon were heading towards the training grounds. 

"What happened when I fainted?" Aether asked. 

"Hm? Nothing much really! (YN) had made a bet but of course, he won and we're just suffering our losses!" Aether tilted his head in confusion. 

"A bet?"

"That's right! (YN) said that if we win a mock battle then we're gonna get individual wishes! But we lost as expected," Venti explained.

Disappointment evident in his voice but so are respect and admiration. Aether and Paimon can tell that Venti sees (YN) as an idol or someone he wants to be. 

"Did you say wishes!?" Paimon exclaimed, flying in front of Venti. "Why'd you lose, Tone Deaf Bard!? I want to at least eat more food! Or get a bigger stomach!" she complained. Sulking that she wasn't able to wish what she wanted for. 

"Defeating (YN) is like an ordinary human battling against someone with a vision! That's the gap between us and (YN). And what's more, (YN) is thousands of years older than me, you know? So he has more battle experience than me and that old blockhead!" Aether can't help but agree on that.

Although he's not sure how old (YN) is but with how Zhongli and Venti are acting towards him, he's probably older than what Aether thinks he is. Perhaps around a million years old? That could be possible. After all, gods are immortal. 

Edited: July 2,2021

------

if u guys haven't noticed on kojutsu's voicelines, i based him off the philippines. only the back story tho. cause like i've seen a ton of characters based of countries and i thought my country would be interesting. btw the next update might take a while. im currently suffering from a thing called stress because of school.