7

[ AN: Happy New Year guys! Have this for a present, hehehe ]

»»————- ✼ ————-««

(YN) went outside, knowing that people had entered his home. He was quite surprised and a bit impressed that they were able to survive all of his traps. Yawning, he covered his mouth with one of his hands as the other hand rested on the part where his robe was loose. Letting his chest show to the whole world. He's been feeling awfully sleepy lately and if it weren't for the black mark appearing on his chest then he would've spent the whole day sleeping. He had tried every single way that he knew how to get rid of the black mark but none had worked.

He had even tried the medicine that humans used but it didn't work. Soon enough, he just gave up. Since it didn't make any kind of problem to him, physically and mentally, he shrugged the existence of the mark on his chest off. Soon arriving at the entrance of his home, he quickly noticed the presence of Venti and a couple of other humans. His eyes flickering to another color --- around his iris was gunmetal and nearing the center was silver. If the others had taken notice of this then they surely would be astonished. Amazed even. His soft gaze turned into a glare in a split second. His calming aura turned serious and released some sort of pressure that would make humans and even archons get into their knees.

The humans who noticed the sudden change of aura from the figure put their guards up. But when they felt the pressure from the figure, they froze. Stopping them from pulling their weapons out. Paimon almost fell to the ground and if it weren't for Aether then she would've landed on the stone ground. Aether was shaking and trembling terribly. The pressure was similar to the unknown goddess that he encountered so many years ago. Perhaps this pressure was much stronger. It was so suffocating that it block his airway. Jean's eyes were full of tears and a few drops had fallen down from her chin. Toppling down to her knees, Jean could only cry and let out silent sobs. Diluc tried to stand tall and proud but he couldn't. Pulling out his sword, he sunk the blade into the ground. Putting all of his weight into it. Childe, on the other hand, was in awe. He never felt this kind of pressure from anyone. Not even from Tsaritsa. He could only wonder how powerful this person is. He let out a chuckle before plotting to the ground, shocked at how immensely powerful the pressure had gotten so suddenly. 

Venti, who already experienced this once, kowtowed[1]. Injuring his forehead in the process. Why is Kojutsu acting like this? Is it because of Jean and Diluc? Childe? The traveler? But even then! He's shouldn't get angry like this! Venti thought. Sweat covering every inch of his body as the confidence he felt earlier immediately disappeared.

"Morax! What are you doing? Are you trying to get killed?" Venti can't help but use Zhongli's real name. His voice was in a whisper but it was supposedly loud enough for Zhongli to hear, yet, the man was still standing. Feeling a gush of wind slapping his head, Venti glanced upwards and saw (YN) in front of them --- in front of Zhongli. A couple of feet distancing himself from them and (YN). But it was near enough for them to know that the other male has a glare on his face. His eyes narrowed to a slit and his lips in a deep scowl. Wrinkles forming between his furrowed brows and his eyes flickering the color red. 

"Who are you?" Those three words were spoken in a soft tone and yet, those three words echoed throughout the cave. Venti moved his gaze downward. Not wanting to meet the horrifying gaze of (YN). He's too afraid. 

"What are you talking about, Kojutsu?" Zhongli said, his uneasiness was evident in his voice. 

"Did I gave you the permission to call me that? You creature." Another surge of power was let out. Paimon, Aether, Jean, Diluc, and Childe had almost fainted from it. Diluc sunk to the ground. Lifting his chin to watch the scene in front of him and Jean supported her upper body with her arms. Aether hugging Paimon close to his chest, the tiny female was almost at her last breath. Childe tried to keep his gaze on (YN) but he couldn't. His airway was totally blocked out, he couldn't breathe.

"W-what?" Zhongli took a step back, he tripped over anything and almost landed on his butt. 

(YN) clicked his tongue, "I should've asked WHAT you are rather than WHO are you," he said as he took a step forward. Zhongli crawled back a few meters away. "I commend you for being so brave in tricking that human into joining you in this journey and applaud that you are able to trick an archon." (MN) disappeared from his spot. Startling the humans who watched. In a blink of an eye, (YN) was in front of Zhongli with one of his arms stretched out.

Straight through Zhongli's chest.

Their jaws dropped down and their eyes widened to the size of dinner plates. Jean, who held her tears and cries, is now sobbing horribly. Diluc's vision is fading to black and Childe's face is turning blue. Paimon fainted and Aether is almost puking the food he ate during the breaks they did earlier. Whether it was stress or something else, Aether doesn't know. And there was only one thing in Aether's mind;

Just like that... Morax, one of the strongest and oldest of the seven archons, is dead...

Edited: July 2, 2021

----

[1] - Kowtowing is when people bow down that their head touches the floor. It's a sign of respect and it's considered as the highest form of respect. It's similar to prostration. 

AN: I finished the Liyue Archon Quest right before Childe's banner came out which was almost a month ago so I already forgot about the information that the quest gave. That or I'm just really forgetful. But I read that the only surviving from the original seven archons were Barbatos (Venti) and Rex Lapis (Zhongli) which is very interesting since Venti is currently the weakest of the Seven and yet no one is able to replace him. Not sure if the people of Mondstadt are loyal and stuff tho.