Character Story 1

The Gods of Alchemy were a pair. Always have been. Even the much older gods can't remember when the two were separated for a long period of time. So to see Kojutsu all alone in their tiny abode that they call home, many gods were shocked to not see the other. They have asked if they have fought but Kojutsu merely answered, "Someone caught his eye so I let him wander around. You know how younger siblings can be --- always jumping around." At first, they thought Kojutsu was dodging the question. However, after seeing Koumei hovering around a mortal, they finally believed what Kojutsu had said.

"Such a jolly god to be paired up with an optimistic mortal." This is what they usually say when they see the scenery of the two beings together. And that's what worried Kojutsu the most. To have his peers accept this so easily is like a stab in the back. A mortal and an immortal could never be together. They all knew that --- Koumei knew that. Yet, he still wanted to spend time around the male human. Kojutsu nothing wanted more than to tell Koumei that it was useless. Useless to spend around someone that's going to die because of a common disease. Useless to let them in into your heart if they're going to leave so early.

Despite all of those thoughts that Kojutsu has, he can't seem to act on his thoughts. Seeing his little brother smile so bright and it's because of that human, Kojutsu wanted nothing more than to thank that mortal for making his brother so happy. 

Edited: July 2, 2021