30

Both Venti and Zhongli scrambled to (YN)'s side. One of them screaming orders at the other. Venti could only follow what Zhongli is ordering him to do. Grabbing various bottles from multiple shelves and even used his powers to grab books from higher shelves. Childe, Diluc, Jean, Aether, and Paimon could barely react. Wondering what had just happened. Earlier they were just discussing how the weapon could now kill the monsters and why (YN) had a hard making the potion.

Paimon glanced at the pool of blood on the floor. A few black bubbles popping. Trails of black liquid were mixed in and the scent was more akin to a corpse than fresh blood. And she knows how fresh blood smells like. She had grown familiar with it whenever Aether gets injured, and she has to patch it up. But this? This is just disgusting. Those tiny black lines looked like worms wriggling around.

"W-what's wrong with him!?" Jean asked, wanting to help around, so she used her Vision to at least heal what was wrong with him. But before her hand could even touch a piece of (YN)'s hair, Zhongli grabbed her wrist.

"Don't touch him!" His voice echoed in the room. It was deeper and louder than they were used to. From a calm and relaxing voice to a voice akin to a dragon growling at Jean. She could only back away. Unknowingly grabbing both Childe's and Diluc's hands. Wanting to at least something familiar to comfort her. Zhongli moved (YN) from his side to his back. Carrying him, Zhongli ran towards the infirmary with Venti in tow.

The others immediately following both of them. And when they arrived at the infirmary, it was chaotic. Venti was searching for every bottle that he could find and Zhongli was flipping through the books that Venti had grabbed from the other room. Anyone could tell that the two were distressed about the situation. But (YN) wasn't having any of it. He doesn't like how Zhongli and Venti are currently panicking about what to do and how to heal him. Sitting up on the bed that Zhongli had put him on, "Stop..." he said. His voice is hoarse and low. The volume was akin to a whisper.

Jean, Paimon, Diluc, Childe, and Aether glanced at the man on the bed. Shocked at how low his voice had gotten. On the days before, (YN)'s voice was always deep and loud. Not the kind of loud that would destroy your eardrums but the kind of loud that anyone would listen to. The kind that no matter how noisy a place is, everyone could hear it. Yet, right now, it's not like that. It's similar to a feeble person who hasn't seen the sun in years.

Zhongli was about to object but (YN) caught him off, "No matter how good your memory is, I would doubt that you would know our language, Morax..." The Geo Archon could only freeze when he heard (YN) use his real name. It's been centuries since the man called him that. "I'll just deal it with myself and the both of you go help them with their problem..." (YN) stood up. Using the head bed to support himself.

"Sir (YN)... Are you sure? We are gracious for your help and even more when you didn't ask for any compensation, but we have a great healer back in Mondstadt! She's my sister, and I'm sure she can fix ---" Jean stopped when (YN) waved his hand and shook his head.

"It's useless," he said. Staggering towards Zhongli, "I am no human and there were times when human medicine was able to fix my problems, but this disease of mine is not something human medicine can help me. Not even I can fix it." Everyone could hear how despondent (YN)'s voice. It's almost he already lost hope.

"(YN)... You have done great things to me and even welcomed me with open arms despite me rebelling against Decarabian. So, please let me and Zhongli help you." All eyes laid on Venti. They saw a face that they were not very familiar with. It looked foreign almost. Even in the eyes of danger, Venti was seen with a smile on his face. And when they spotted the serious tone and face on him. They knew this was serious. Probably even more serious than the situations with the monsters.

What's worse is that if, by chance, (YN) will die. Disaster will strike upon Teyvat. Aether and Paimon know that. They had already seen what would happen if a god would die, and they were not sure if the scale of the calamity would be the same. (YN) was stronger than the God of Salt, Havria. They don't even know if people becoming statues of salt would be the only end of this world.

(YN) sighed, "Just do what I say..." he said. "This is something that I should deal with. I ignored the existence of the mark on my chest for too long, so this problem of mine is not yours to deal with. Just do what I say and get with it..." 

-------------

GUYS! GOA had just reached 100k Reads! I'm very grateful for all the support that you have given me! Even though that this book is kinda messy and I'm not even sure if I accidentally wrote something that contradicts something and everything else that I'm insecure with when it comes to my book!

So, I wanted to do something special! And this is different from the Special Chapters that I write. I want to do a What-If scenario and probably write just five chapters for it straight. I'm not sure if you want to read those though. But anyways, the What-If scenarios are;

What if Koumei had survived the Archon War? What would happen?

What if Kojutsu is the one who had died in the Archon War?

Lastly,

What if Aether and Paimon had gone to the past and saw Kojutsu and Koumei who had just descended from Celestia?

Just pick one! Cause I still need to finish CA and get one with the other two fanfics (which I posted an announcement about on my profile).