100k Special Part 1

Zhongli walked into the room. Seeing a figure hunched back over the desk without a blanket on his shoulders. Stacks of books and papers were all over --- on the ground, on the multiple desks, and even on some of the chairs. The room was dark, there was barely any light. Even if there was some sort of light, it came from the lamps that were inside the room. Zhongli glanced at the center of the room.

It was a glass casket and inside of it was a very familiar person. A person that Zhongli had grown to love over the years. Someone that he was scared to be away from. Well, he was not the only one who was afraid. There were many others. But he and Zhongli were the ones who were afraid of the truth the most. But Zhongli knew how to move on. He had to. He parted away from Guizhong so he could do the same to him. Yet, a small part of him wished that he didn't have to go away so soon.

Approaching the hunched-back figure, he shook the person awake. "Koumei..." Zhongli called. Trying to wake the sleeping man up. But the latter wouldn't budge. In fact, Koumei was still like a statue. Fearing the worst, Zhongli pinched the man. Not caring if he scares Koumei or not, Zhongli just wanted to make sure that he's alive.

Koumei flinched, surprised at the sudden pain he felt. Groaning as he woke, he glanced towards Zhongli. Knowing the man would already be there. He was the one who had the guts to do it anyway. "Xiao[1] Li..." Koumei muttered under his breath. As tired as he is, Koumei still mustered up enough strength to smile.

The two stared at each other momentarily. Not long after, Koumei sighed. "This isn't healthy... I know," he said. Recalling all of those words that Zhongli had said to him about his condition. "I'm getting worse each day, I know... I need to stop, I know. I need to move on, I need to live independently, I need to think what would my brother think. I know I know I know! I know all of it!" Koumei repeated all of the words that Zhongli had said to him in a mocking tone. As if he's mocking himself. Well, he is. Who wouldn't mock the situation he is in now? Koumei bets that his brother is also mocking him.

Zhongli sighed, looking at the casket that held Kojutsu's body. Approaching it, he put his hand against it. "Kojutsu would be enraged if he is alive right now..." he said but Koumei only chuckled dryly.

"I would've liked it more if he nagged me from day to night than for him to stay dead..." A crack in the middle of his sentence, Koumei sighed. Standing up and approaching the casket, standing beside Zhongli. Touching the glass casket, he felt that the temperature had died down.

Pressing his forehead against it, "I need to get more everflame seeds..." he muttered. But Zhongli was able to hear it.

"Everflame seeds?" he asked, wondering why Koumei would need it right now.

Koumei nodded, "Brother doesn't like it when it's too cold. He can get sick easily so I kept his casket warm but I can't do much or his body will decompose quickly. But I was lucky enough to find a solution that can stop that process... I just need to revive him. I have the other half with me so I just need to merge it back into his body..." Koumei continued to mutter under his breath. Preparing things at a hasty pace before he ventured off. Leaving Zhongli in the room. 

But the male didn't care. One thing he does know about the twins is that both of them stubborn. Probably one of the most stubborn people he ever knows in his long life.