100k Special Part 2

Before Zhongli could even catch up with Koumei, the male was already gone. Using his powers to change his clothes, fixed his hair by just using his hands to part it to the left. Koumei didn't waste any second and dashed straight towards the Pyro Regisvine, trying to get as much as Everflame Seeds as he can before anyone else. He doesn't really like to wait for it respawn in three minutes nor does he want to use his powers for it to regrow back only for him to kill it again.

Koumei might have stumbled here and there but that didn't stopped his hasty pace. In almost half a day of running, Koumei finally arrived at the Pyro Regisvine's lair. Koumei was about to rush straight to it head-on but a shout had stopped him. 

"Hey! Wait!" Koumei stopped in his tracks and glanced back. Seeing a male and a peculiar floating companion beside him. The male's hair was long, longer than what Koumei is used to seeing apart from Zhongli. It was braided so it was probably longer than it actually was. The golden wheat-colored hair might even reach the ground with ease. The male's eyes twinkled when they were getting closer to Koumei and when they did reach him, Koumei couldn't unsee how unusually bright the eyes were. Not only did it twinkle but it shone as if it the sun itself. Golden in color like his eyes but more brown-ish. With his fair skin, it only made him look beautiful. Ethereal even.

And when the male smiled, Koumei couldn't help but remember Alcmene's smile. It was as bright as the male's. It showed most of his teeth and his eyes would turn into a crescent shape when a grin broke on his face. Oh how much Koumei misses Alcmene. But humans had always a short lifespan. Not only that, their bodies are so feeble and so picky. One splash of rain and they will get sick. Not eating too much will kill them, and eating too much will make them so round that they are not able to move. Missing a night's sleep will make their bodies weary and sleeping too much is also bad.

Koumei can never understand how humans work. And he probably never will. Humans are too picky and too frail.

If only he could get rid of any kind of danger, then his brother would've been fine. If only he listened to his brother then Kojutsu would've been fine. No longer sick and no longer worrying over him. But Koumei always seems to do the opposite. It's shameful.

"My name is Paimon! And this is Aether!" the female said, introducing herself and the male.

Koumei let out a tiny grin, "I'm Yakuko... an alchemist." Using the name that he had used over the years to blend in with humans, Koumei decided that it might be too risky to use his real name.

Aether nodded, offering his hand to shake. "It's nice to meet you!" he said with the same cheery smile. "Actually... we were trying to get Everflame Seeds and we saw you. We thought that we could split it!" Koumei was hesitant to say yes. Although he only needs one, he prefers that he could have extras. And it's not like the stupid plant would give a huge amount of it. Even if the Pyro Regisvine regenerates quite fast, Koumei doesn't want to be in this cave for long or he'll die of heatstroke.

He had seen how many humans had died because of heatstroke. It's quite scary and one human had died in front of him because of it. It was traumatizing, to say the least. Koumei doesn't want to remember that. But it's imprinted in his mind and he can't forget it. But he can't refuse the human's request. After all, they do not live long so why take something that they're going to need? Koumei already knows that a day in his time is like a decade in human's eyes.

So he nodded and agreed, "Of course! In return, won't you have a chat with me after?"