A New Threat

The downpour drowned out the surrounding sounds as if they weren't even there. But he knew they were there, he couldn't of missed them. The screams of terror and the cries for help as he walked through the camp with blood stained hands.

He asked himself if what he was going was right? Was he protecting his family and loved ones? Or is he the villian in this story?

He thought about if Dr Wells would of actually wanted this. His last words to him were 'be happy' and right now he's anything but happy.

"Are you done Barr?" Kara asked floating down next to him as he ripped his mask off with the flames around him dying out due to the rain.

"Yeah.......I'm done." He answered softly as he began to leave the camp while stepping over piles of bodies

"I'm sorry Barry, I should of stayed home like you asked, but I can't let you bare this alone anymore you know what I did to you last time." Kara said hugging him from behind as he faced the sky.

"I know I can't do this alone, but i have to, I need to." Barry said turning to face her and holding her shoulders, "The faster we can end this the sooner Alice will be able to go to the park with us without us having to look over our shoulder and the sooner Alice can go to school and make friends." Barry said, "This right here.....isn't the type of life I want for her and I know you don't as well." Barry said before walking off as Kara followed behind him.

These passing events brought Kara down back to reality. She's been living in a blissful dream with her family and forgot they were at war.

"Barry, i've been thinking." Kara said as Barry turned to face her, "I wanna see my parents." She said.

"Why now?" He asked

"I need peace, I want to know the truth about what happened that night. If it's okay with you." She said as Barry's hand stroked her cheek

"You don't need to ask me, if you want to, I'll support you." He said softly as she nodded greatfully.

They made their way back home while Kara came up with infinite amount of scenerios in her head about her meeting her parents again in years. But knowing Barry would be by her side made it a whole lot easier.

When they entered the house Barry sped out of his bloodied suit and back into his normal clothing as Kara did the same just in time as Alice peeked her head around the corner.

"Dad, come play with me." Alice whined as Barry crouched in front of her

"Maybe next time." He said kissing her forehead as she pouted

"What about me?" Kara asked as Alice's face lit up

"You're the best mom." Alice said hugging her as a warm feeling encompassed Kara's body, "I wov wu." She said muffled by Kara's shirt

"What was that?" Kara laughed as Alice smiled up at her

"I love you." She smiled

"I love you too Alice." Kara said softly as she placed a kiss on her forehead as she giggled and ran away.

"You're a good mom." Barry smiled as Kara blushed under his comment

"Thanks and you're an even better dad." She said as Barry's smile faltered.

"Kara, if anything happens to me, promise me you'll take care of Alice." Barry said taking her into a hug as Kara hugged back

"Don't make me promise that, please, I can't lose you Barry." She whispered

"I need to know that if I die someone will take care of her, please promise me." Barry said feeling Kara's tears on his shoulder

"I........I promise." She reluctantly answered.

"Thank you Kara." He said kissing her temple, "When do you wanna see your parents?" He asked as she sniffled and wiped her eyes.

"Today.......I need to know the truth." She whispered sadly

"Do you know where they are?" He asked

"Y-Yeah, I've known for some time but i'm too scared." She said as Barry put his hands on her shoulders

"I'll be right next to you." He said as a pair of small arms wrapped around Kara.

"Me too." Alice smiled

"I love you both.....so much." Kara cried into her hands

"Mommy don't cry." Alice said tearily as they began to flow down her cheeks

"C'mon we should go now." Barry said as Kara nodded while wiping her eyes as she held onto Alice's hand

"How are we getting there?" Kara asked

"How do you think?" Barry replied

"No, no, no Barry you are not speeding me anywhere." Kara defended

"Relax I.......borrowed this car and besides I don't like speeding Alice anywhere." Barry said motioning to his car that obviously not taken with permission.

"It's fun though." Alice whined

"C'mon, no arguing." Barry said as Alice pouted and climbed into the car, "In her rebelious stage already?" He asked as Kara laughed and got in as well.

"Wanna put in the address?" He said as Kara pulled out her phone and input the address which led them all the way to National City.

"Time for a road trip I guess." He said looking at the five hour journey ahead of them.

Along their trip while listening to the light snoring of their daughter in the backseat Barry saw a man standing in the middle of the road draped in a black robe with a face mask and a glowing dagger in his hand. He slammed the dagger into the ground and all of a sudden the car came to a halt.

"Kara take Alice and get away from here now." Barry said but Kara protested

"Barry you need my help." Kara argued

"Kara, I'm asking you this because I love you, get out of here." He said as he climbed out of the car to face the masked man

"Who are you?" Barry asked as the man stayed their silent only being able to hear the weird breathing noise he was making.

"Barry Allen, Kara Danvers, must die." He said throwing the dagger at them. Barry tried to use his speed but it wouldn't work. 

Every instinct in his body told him that dagger was dangerous so jumped in front of it as it impaled his stomach. The man recalled his knife back to him which caused further pain.

"Kara run!!!" Barry yelled as she carried Alice out of the car and with tears in her eyes began to run away.

"Dad!!!!!" Alice cried out as she jumped out of Kara's arms and ran towards him

"Alice stay away!!" Barry pleaded

"Leave me dad alone!!!!!" Alice yelled as the man clutched his head and fell onto his knee.

All of Alice's fear and anger was projected onto him like a tsunami. His head was throbbing and aching and he needed to escape using his dagger and he plunged it into the air and flew off as Alice ran to her dad's side.

"Dad, stay awake." Alice said holding his wound as Kara crouched down next to her

"Barry we're going to save you just hang on a little longer." Kara begged as dark spots began to form in hs vision until his vision was encompassed in darkness.