Sorrow and Despair

They were in a deadlock not knowing what to do. Either fight in this city and risk the lives of all the citizens or surrender and let the war continue.

"You can't win Barry, even if you weren't dying." Belmont laughed as Kara's face fell

"W-What's he talking about Barr?" Maddison asked

"You didn't tell them?" Belmont asked, "Let me do the honours."

"Shut up!!" Barry yelled throwing a lightning bolt at them that disappeared mid air due to his lack of strength.

"Barry Allen has been poisoned by negative tachyons and the more he uses his speed the closer he comes to dying." Belmont said with an smirk as Kara's eyes widened.

"T-Tell me he's lying....." Kara said, "Tell me he's lying!!!" She screamed out as he fiancee turned to face her 

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you, i wanted our last moments together to be happy." He smiled softly as tears fell from Kara's eyes

"We were supposed to get married." She said tearily while rubbing her eyes.

"But you won't get the chance because this is your grave." Belmont said as the armysplit down the middle and revealed a giant metal object, "This here is a meta-bomb. It'll kill anything that has the meta gene within these city limits and not even you're fast enough to escape Barry." He laughed

Everything around them slowed to a stop as Kara looked around confused. Barry slowly made his way over and smiled at her gentlely

"I'm sorry." He smiled tearily, "This is the end of our story." He said

"No, no, no, it's not..." Kara denied, "Please, let it continue." Kara begged as she clutched his chest.

"I can't......." He said bringing her into a hug, "But you can live, take Maddie and Oliver out of here. I promise i'll be right behind you." He smiled. Kara knew he was lying but couldn't accpet she couldn't let the love of her life die here.

"What about Alice and Grace? What about our family?!" She cried out

"Don't mention their names, if you do i won't be able to do what's necessary." Barry said with pleading eyes. Kara placed her hands on his face as the black veins crept up his neck.

"I don't have much time left Kara, so please. Keep our family together......i love you so much." He said giving her a passionate kiss with her tears sliding down her cheeks as she savoured her last kiss with him.

"I love you too." Kara whispered as they rested their foreheads together. The lightning around them slowly disappated as they exited flashtime.

"Take care of Alice and Grace for me." He smiled before his mask formed around his face and he got into a running stance. The bomb slowly started to beep as the counter on it slowly ticked down. Kara shut her eyes and wiped her tears as she grabbed Maddison and Oliver.

"W-What are you doing Kara we can save him, we can help him!!!" Maddison yelled out as Kara began to fly away with both of them.

"We can save him...." Oliver said

"Barry!!!" Maddison screamed out with tears falling from her eyes as she reached out for him.

It felt like her heart was being pierced with needles. The love of her life was going to fight an army of 100,000 people while a bomb was going off and all she could do was close her eyes and pray for a miracle.

His smile, his gentle touch and his big heart. The times they shared tears, the times he was there for her and the times she was there for him. Their hardships, their low points, their high points. Everything flashed through Kara mind.

He still had so much he wanted to say to her. He was going to miss Alice and Grace's birthdays, he wasn't going to be there for them, he wasn't going to able to help them with their homework or comfort them when they're sad.

As he was running towards the army he saw Dr Wells smiling at him in the corner of his eye as Barry smiled back knowing he could see him again. Barry ran towards the bomb and began to run around it faster and faster. Pushing through the burning pain of the negative tachyons eating his speed away.

He saw the dust around him floating into one point as a small portal opened up.

"No....No." Belmont said as Barry kept running and running until the bomb and the guns slowly started to float towards the portal. The portal grew and grew until Barry had created an entire blackhole.

Belmont slammed his hand on a button which caused the timer on the bomb to reach zero.

"You're dying with us!!!" Belmont yelled as Barry smiled and removed his mask.

"Forgive me Kara......" He whispered. A large white light encompassed the city as the bomb detonated. Kara landed outside the city limits with Maddison and Oliver as the bomb sweeped through the city.

When the dust settled Kara flew back into the city where the bomb was to see if God answered her prayer andsa ved him but there was nothing. The entire army was wiped out by the blackhole and the only thing left was a piece of Barry's suit

"No!!!!!" Kara cried out as she slammed her fist into the ground as her endless stream of tears came out of her eyes, "Barry!!!" She screamed out as Maddison and Oliver wrapped her in a hug.

The war came to an end but at what cost?

Kara held the piece of Barry's suit in her hands as she let out cries of sorrow and despair.