Prologue

"Stop! Stop running!" He screamed as he tried to catch up to the girl in front of him.
"You're going to do this again? Bolt at the first chance you get?"

"Really? You're really going to blame me for this?" He froze at the sight of tears streaming down her face, as she turned to face him.

"I'm not trying to blame you for any of it, but you're running as if you were waiting for the first opportunity to run out on me." He spoke as softly as he could, careful not to hurt her more. "I'm sorry I hid it from you, but it was for your own good Ro-"

"Don't call me that! You don't get to call me that anymore." She shot at him, with rage building in her eyes. "And for the last time, you don't get to choose what's good for me and what's not! I'm not a child."

He sighed, bringing a hand to his temple and rubbing it. They stood inches away from each other, on a dimly lit parking lot. The heavy rain from before had drenched his white shirt, emphasising his broad shoulders, and she could see the tattoos peeking out of his rolled-up sleeves. As he ran a hand through his long blonde hair, she could not deny how majestic he looked right at that moment. His dark orbs bore into her light ones, expressing pain, guilt and love.

She stood there, in all her glory, with the sheer olive dress hugging all her curves. Seeing her breathtaking figure, his hands ached to trace her shape. Desire and lust filled him when she stretched her neck upwards, both her hands running softly through her long black locks, letting droplets hit her glistening gold skin.

Hesitantly, he reached out to touch her. Her eyes moved to his hand, the hands that always touched her delicately as if she was fragile glass. She fought off the urge to pull away and let him grab her by the waist. Keeping both her hands in fists, dropped to her sides, she watched as his eyes flickered from her eyes to her lips. She knew exactly what he wanted, because her body was itching for the same.

"Please forgive me." He begged, wanting nothing more than to show her how deeply he loved her.

"No."

"Will you ever forgive me?"

"I'm not sure."

"What can I do?"

"I don't know." She furrowed her brows as she answered his question. At this, he leaned in, planting a kiss on her prominent cheekbone. Moving down towards her jaw, he pulled her closer by the waist. Reaching her neck, he lightly bit it, making her grab on to his shoulders in surprise. Licking and biting, he continued making a mark on her neck. She bit her lip and shut her eyes in pleasure. Knowing well enough where this was heading, the selfish woman in her forcefully melted into his arms.

Just then, a screeching car passed, snapping her back into her senses. Opening her light hazel eyes widely, she put her hands on his chest, giving him a harsh shove, stopping his hand from reaching further down her cleavage. He looked back at her with confusion in his eyes. Throughout the years they had spent training together with everyone else, he had felt her strength. At that moment, he knew that push was meant to hurt judging by the cold look in her eyes.

The girl took a step back, clenching her jaw as she watched the man she had loved for years, staring at her with hurt taking over his face. She took a sharp breath, and turned around, facing away as she knew she could not look at him any longer. If she did, she would not be able to do what she was about to. Even if he had not meant to, his actions had burned a hole in her heart, hurting her beyond his imagination.

"Please don't leave me alone. I won't be able to live without you." His whispers only loud enough for her to hear, almost muffled with the sound of rain hitting the concrete they stood on. "I don't want to lose you."

"You already have." Her voice shaking with pain, she gave him one last look before turning back again. She mustered all the courage she had, before leaving him alone in that empty street with her parting words.

"It's best if you forget what we had. Goodbye Lee Taeyong."