Chapter 4

Walking out of Suh Industries, Yuna felt a cold breeze hit her face. Kicking her boots against the pavement, she thought back to everything Johnny had told her. Should I really go back? Will they actually accept me again? Will they forgive me?

Her thoughts were interrupted by a familiar ringtone. She pulled out her phone from her pocket, seeing an unknown number calling her. She furrowed her brows, wondering who could be calling her.

"Hello?"

"So, what am I supposed to think of a girl who sleeps with me, and then runs out the next morning with my jacket?" He spoke with a deep groggy voice, indicating that he had just woken up. Yuna's heart fluttered, finding his morning voice extremely arousing. She bit her lip, pulling his jacket tightly around her as she took a whiff of it.

"Good morning to you too. Sorry for running out on you, but I'm not sorry about the jacket." She smiled to herself, loving the thought of teasing him. "It smells like strong cologne, cigarettes and sex. I think I could use this more than you."

"Okay now I can agree with the cologne and cigarettes, but there is no way in hell it smells like sex." Lucas chuckled, knowing quite well that she was only trying to tease him. "If you were just running out, why leave your number on the note?"

"You saved my life. I thought I at least owed you the courtesy of letting you decide whether you wanted to stay in touch or not." Her answer was honest, she felt guilty about ditching him after all his help. "I probably would have just stolen all your clothes if you hadn't saved me."

Lucas let out a hearty laugh before responding to her, "Well I'm glad I did then. Wouldn't wanna do a naked walk of shame now would I?"

"Actually, I think you'd look quite great doing a naked walk of shame."

"Funny. Anyway, when can I see you again?" His question caught her off guard. Sure she left him her number, but she did not exactly expect him to call her so soon.

"Umm, I'm not really sure."

"Oh umm, so this was like, just a one night stand?" Disappointment was clear in his voice, Lucas was hoping that he would be able to see her again.

"It's kinda complicated. I have a lot to figure out. But I'll call you, yeah?"

"Yeah sure. Just, let me know if I can do anything for you okay? I'd really like to see you again." His words were blunt and sweet, no beating around the bush. He wanted to know her more and he made his intentions clear. This made her smile, it had been awhile since any man showed interest in her for anything other than just her body.

"Maybe you will. Thank you, Lucas. Bye."

She hung up after she heard him say his goodbye as well. Shoving her phone back into her pocket, Yuna smiled at the ground. Lucas seemed sweet, he had a childlike innocence in him that she found refreshing. She was used to being attracted to men who had the weight of the world on their shoulders. Lucas seemed more relaxed and carefree, but then again, she had only spent one night with him.

Shaking off the smile on her face, Yuna started walking towards the crossroad. Waiting at the red light, she took out her phone, going through her list of contacts. There must be someone in Seoul who she could reach out to, who had nothing to do with her family.

"Yuna!" Her head whipped up hearing the familiar voice calling out to her. She looked ahead, freezing when she realised who it was. Standing on the other side of the road, with his hand pointing at her, was Kim Jungwoo.

Staring at her as if he had seen a ghost, Jungwoo stood dumbstruck. After what felt like ages of searching for her, he had finally stumbled upon her. He was brought back to reality when he saw her spin around, trying to walk away. His eyes widened and he started marching towards her. There was no way he was going to let her get away this time.