Chapter 35

"Family background might have been some useful information to check up on before recruitment, don't you think?"

Jaehyun sighed at Taeyong's smirk, he was clearly trying to tease him over the disclosure Yuna had so kindly made some time ago. Jaemin shifted at his spot, feeling a tad bit uncomfortable with the conversation over his sister and his boss.

"I apologise for not mentioning it before, Hyungnim."

"Ease up Nana, there's no need for formality. You're a private person, and I understand that. It's not your fault, we should have asked." Taeyong smiled at the boy. He was stern and rigorous whenever the situation called for it, but he often showed a softer side to the younger members in private. "They've seen her face. She's not safe in the outside world right now, so she can stay here with you for however long she needs."

"Thank you, Hyung." Jaemin smiled and bowed before turning around to leave, only for his arm to be caught by Jaehyun.

"Don't take their words too seriously, I would never look at your sister with malice. Your family is my family."

Jaemin chuckled seeing the serious expression on Jaehyun's face, which made Taeyong stifle a laugh as well. The boy faced the latter, raising a brow with amusement on his face.

"Hyung, I don't think I'm the one who needs to ease up." He patted Jaehyun's shoulder before leaving the room, not bothering to respond to his serious statement.

"What did I do?" Jaehyun was oblivious to what happened, he just wanted to make it clear to Jaemin that there was nothing he needed to worry about. He did not want even the slightest thing to come in between their bond.

"You really suck at this don't you?"

"At what?"

"Good lord, never mind." Taeyong rolled his eyes and took a seat on the couch. They were in the room they used for informal private meetings, the one that had led to the unofficial adoption of Chenle. "I think there're some things we need to discuss."

"Like you and Yuna walking in together today?" Jaehyun winked, sitting on the opposite end of the couch. The mention of her name immediately hardened his face. Taeyong was still trying to process what happened, he did not want to talk about it. "So, are you guys back together yet?"

"No, and that's never gonna happen."

"What?"

"We need to discuss the Jisung situation, tell Johnny and Winwin to get in here."

"Don't you think that conversation can wait till they bring Moon Taeil back here? Or maybe until Doyoung Hyung returns?"

"No, I have a plan. And it requires for us to make some decisions before any of that."

•~•

"What do you mean I can't leave?"

"The minute you step foot into Seoul, you'll fall under the Hantte's radar. You were spotted with the person the whole Korean underworld is currently looking for. Hence, the only secure place for you right now is the Kkangpae headquarters. So no, you can't leave."

"Okay first of all, I can't just drop everything and stay in this haunted house of a headquarters with you." Jia spoke calmly, cautiously looking around the odd room he had dragged her into. It was dark and filled with boxes, scaring her a bit. "Secondly, please elaborate these words you keep mentioning. What even is a Hantte and Kkangpae?"

"Kkangpae is our organisation, and Hantte are one of our rivals, that's all you need to know. Also, you don't have any other option, I'm not letting you leave." Jaemin crossed his arms, staring at his sister with a stern expression. Jia sighed, he stays away from me for ages and now he won't let me out of his sight. How am I even supposed to react to all this?