Chapter 27

The door was left wide ajar, a rare sight for the otherwise private office. She stood leaning on the doorframe, her heeled boot lightly tapping the floor. She stared at the man rummaging through some papers, he seemed too busy to have noticed her presence.

Taking the opportunity of his concentration elsewhere, she traced his body with her eyes. His platinum hair was a bit messy, water dripping from it as if he had just gotten out of the shower. He wore a thin white tee shirt, perfectly amplifying his broad shoulders. She watched his veiny arms move around, noticing a few new tattoos.

Knock, knock.

Taeyong's eyes slowly met the figure at his door, making him raise a brow at the unexpected guest. However, he chose to ignore the company and shift his focus back on the work, leaving her to invite herself in.

"You could at least pretend to acknowledge my existence."

Her words made him shut his eyes and take a deep breath, dropping the papers on the table. He stood up straight, crossing his arms over each other as he stared back at the girl.

"Yuna, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

She rolled her eyes and mirrored his movement, crossing her arms as well. Yuna was not there to pick a fight, she no longer sought out to argue with him. "Sungchan told me that he kept me there longer because of you."

Taeyong tilted his head, frowning at her statement. It was a very vague and bland sentence, confusing him as to what she meant by it.

"So?"

"So, I wanna know why."

"You're kidding right?" He started, a smile creeping up on his lips. She was not there to ask or tell him anything important, this was a conversation starter. Her failed attempt at coming up with an excuse to speak with him was humorous to Taeyong. "You came all the way here, just to ask me why I told Sungchan to keep you in the infirmary longer?"

"Yes." Yuna spoke, not even batting an eyelash.

Taeyong could not help it anymore, he burst out laughing. Not even a small chuckle, it was his signature windshield laughter followed by his eyes scrunching up and his hand reaching out to hit the closest object.

"And this is funny, how?" Yuna walked closer to him, slamming her hands on his table in frustration. She wanted to see him, ask him why he had not visited her again, but she did not expect him to catch on to her lie so soon. She was embarrassed to say the least.

"Come on Yuna, I thought you could lie better than that." Taeyong breathed out, sighing after he had stopped laughing. He brushed his hair with a smirk on his face, staring right at her as he spoke. "That was just pathetic."

"Wh-Who are you to say that, I-I was bluffing?" She stuttered out, flustered. She instinctively turned her head around, nervously pulling a hand through her hair.

Taeyong finally took a moment to scan her appearance. Her bandage was off, and he could see the thin stitched up scar on her collarbone. He could see it up this close, but it was barely noticeable from afar. Sungchan has done his job with precision, I should compliment him later.

 Sungchan has done his job with precision, I should compliment him later