Chapter 18

"Lucas, wait up."

They were in a stairway of the building. He stopped at his tracks, unsure of what to do. He was overwhelmed by the information he had just received, he did not want to deal with it right now.

"Yes?" He asked, turning around slightly. Yuna read the hesitance in his body language, he really doesn't wanna talk about this. She walked towards him, grabbing his hand to turn him around. Once he was facing her, she looked straight into his eyes, trying to figure out what to do herself.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"Ghosting you after that day. Not telling you who I am." She told him, genuinely meaning the apology. She did not mean to do that to him, things had just been incredibly hectic since. "But it's not like I can go around telling every guy I sleep with that I belong to the Kkangpae."

Lucas raised a brow at Yuna's joke. He knew that she was trying to lighten the mood, but the fact that she called him just a guy she slept with, hurt. When he did not laugh nor react to her joke, she awkwardly scratched her neck, making his eyes fall on her injured shoulder.

"How did this happen?" he involuntarily grabbed her forearm, trying to get a better look. His sudden move jerked her forward, bringing her closer to Lucas. "Yuna, who did this to you?"

"Why does everyone keep asking me this." Yuna rolled her eyes, remembering the incident from a few nights ago. Lucas, however, was not amused. He wanted an answer to his question and his eyes were telling her to give him one. "It's nothing, ran into the same guy again. But trust me, he's been taken care of."

He watched her reply to him as if it was nothing, but he did not miss how her face scrunched up in pain when he touched her arm. He realised that she was in more pain than she was letting on. Leaving her arm, he took a step back. Assuming that the apology was all she had to say, he nodded and turned around again.

"I'm not done yet!" This time she ran up the stairs in front of him, blocking his way. She was now standing at his eye level, an angry look on her face. "Why're you being so cold to me? I wasn't even done talking!"

"I'm being cold? Yuna, let me remind you that you're the one who ran out on me right after we fucked and didn't even bother to call me!" Lucas exclaimed, he was not usually like this but something about his night with Yuna felt different. He was hurt that she never reached out. "I asked you upfront if I could see you again, and you rejected me with some lame excuse. And now I come to find out that I slept with my boss and friend's sister. So I'm sorry if I'm not too eager to hear what you have to say!"

Yuna was stunned at his outburst. She did feel guilty for not having called him back, but she did not realise that she could have hurt his feelings. I pulled a douche move, she scolded herself. Her eyes softened at the man in front of her, he had been nothing but sweet and kind to her and yet she ignored him. He had a right to be upset with her.

"Hey, I'm so sorry. I guess I was being selfish and way too involved with my own problems. I should have called you." She spoke quietly, resting her hands on his tense shoulders. Lucas sighed, putting his hands on his waist. He had not meant to take out his frustrations like that, it just happened to be a rough couple of days for him as well. "Let me make it up to you."

When he looked up at her eyes, he realised what she was trying to imply. Her voice was barely above a whisper as she moved closer to him, slowly bringing her hands from his shoulders to his neck. His breath hitched as she bit her lower lip, her face approaching his.

"If by making up to me you mean sex, then no." He spoke softly, his eyes lingering on her lusciously full lips. Yuna smirked, finding it amusing that he was attempting to resist her. But she was not discouraged, this was her forte after all.