Chapter 5

Doyoung stared at the girl laying on his lap. She had finally fallen asleep after tiring herself out of crying. He sat on the couch of the hospital's waiting area, Yuna's head resting on his lap as she held onto one of his hands. She had spent the past few hours crying in his arms, apologising profusely, blaming herself for Jungwoo's state. She only calmed down when the doctors informed them that his surgery was successful and that it would take some time for him to gain consciousness.

His eyes trailed from Yuna's face to her hands. She had stains of dried blood on them, owing to her attempts in trying to help Jungwoo. Doyoung sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. Even though he was only a couple of years older than both Jungwoo and Yuna, he had been a parental figure to the pair. Taking on the responsibility at a young age, Doyoung tried his best to take care of them. It broke his heart to see his siblings like this.

"You guys should go get some rest." Johnny said, resting his hand on Doyoung's shoulder. "I'll stay with Jungwoo."

"No it's fine. I wanna be here when he wakes up." He politely declined the offer, not wanting to leave. "Besides, you and I both know that no one can convince her to leave."

Johnny smiled, taking a seat on the couch opposite them. "I sent Haechan back to the headquarters. Mark is insisting on coming here, he wants to see Jungwoo. But I told him that there's no point in us crowding the hospital, it's risky as well."

"You're right. It's best for everyone to wait until Jungwoo is discharged."

"Yeah well, he's still pushing."

"There's a reason we have an in-house medical team. It's not wise for us to start hanging around public places like hospitals." Doyoung stated, switching on his Consigliere mode. "Tell Mark that we will shift Jungwoo to the headquarters once he wakes up."

"I will. Besides, I'm not so sure it's the right time for everyone to meet Yuna." Johnny gestured towards the girl who was still fast asleep. "I'm glad you met her before she decided to run again. The situation however, is unfortunate."

Doyoung's eyes snapped towards Johnny, startled at his words. "You knew she was here?"

"She came to see me this morning. That's why she was outside the office when the accident happened." he answered the question, taking a deep breath before continuing. "She came back five months ago. She needed money and she came to me thinking I would help her. She's under the impression that the family wouldn't take her back."

"Why would she think that?" Doyoung asked, not directing the question towards Johnny in particular. He furrowed his brows in confusion, wondering why his sister would think that they would not want her back. Nobody really knew why Yuna left, all they knew was that something happened that had triggered her to leave. She had not even bid farewell to anyone. And the last person she met? He refused to say anything, and nobody was in the position to question him.

"I don't know. But right now, we need to bring her back home. If anyone tries to dispute that, we'll deal with it then." Johnny told him, making Doyoung nod along. He was sure that the family would welcome her back, and if someone did not, he would deal with it himself.

"Do? How is he now?" Yuna rubbed her eyes, getting up from his lap as she stifled a yawn. "Has he woken up yet?"

"Not yet, we're just waiting." Doyoung answered, giving her shoulder a light squeeze. "Also, I think you need a shower."

"Is that your way of telling me I stink?" She snorted, amused at his poker face. She looked over at his attire, her brother looked like he had just come out of a business meeting. Black turtleneck shirt, black slacks and a blazer, he looked as suave as ever. She noticed that he wore his signature silver necklace, and the all too familiar gold Cartier ring on his finger. "Are you telling me to shower because you're over dressed?"