Chapter 31

Lucas was gone, leaving Yuna with the toughest mission she had ever had to face. Turns out Taeyong had finally decided on letting Ten and Lucas go to Fujian, ensured that they would be able to bring Moon Taeil back to Seoul. Before leaving, Lucas had made it clear to her that she only had until his return to speak with Taeyong.

The table erupted in laughter, bringing Yuna back to reality. The bar was one of the smaller rooms in the building, but it happened to be the most popular spot amongst the members. And it was currently occupied by the youngest members of the family, something they might get scolded for soon enough.

"I had no idea the Chinese faction would have such interesting missions, that was a good one Renjun!" Haechan spoke.

"Oh trust me, we've dealt with our fair share of crazy people, I'm surprised Winwin gē never told you."

"He likes to keep mum about his operations, much like our Jaemin here." Mark lovingly ruffled the hair of Jaemin who was sat beside him. Renjun was fitting in quite well with everyone, so was Chenle.

"Gē, can't you teach me what you do? Others think I'm too young for everything else, but this won't be as dangerous right?"

"Chenle my child, I'm not even willing to get you a drink here, let alone teach you how to hack!" Hendery's words made everyone but the young boy chuckle. He pouted, turning away from them.

"Noona, they're bullying me again!"

"Come on guys, stop picking on the baby."

"Noona!"

"What? I thought you wanted my help?"
Yuna gave him a cheeky grin, poking the boy's face in mischief. The camaraderie was effortless, it seemed as if everyone who joined their family just fit in naturally. It took no hard work for all of them to create a bond with one another. The joyous conversation continued with hearty laughter, most of the lot enjoying their drinks.

"Hey guys! So sorry I'm late, had to stitch up some of the guys after class."

"It's fine Sungchan, we ain't in school."

The boy smiled at Mark, he had always been a comforting presence along with Jungwoo. Sungchan had a bit of a hard time when he first joined the Kkangpae, but Jungwoo's infectious ebullience made it easier for him to open up. The thought made him realise that Jungwoo was nowhere to be seen.

"Hey, where's Jungwoo Hyung?"

"Why would he be here?"

"Why would he not? I thought we were starting a hangout tradition for like, all the younger members?"

"Shit, was I supposed to invite him?"

"Haechan what, of course you were!" Mark interrupted Haechan's conversation with Sungchan.

"How was I supposed to know? He's older than you and Noona, and he's always included in the important meetings with the Hyungs!"

"But he's also always hanging out with Yuna and me!"

"Oh poor boy, this middle child syndrome is never gonna leave him is it?" Yuna sighed, a bit of sincerity behind her joke. Jungwoo had always been stuck in the constant pull between the Hyungs and Dongsaengs within the family, falling smack in the middle. It was a bit difficult for him to maintain the trust with the younger members whilst he kept secrets for the Hyungs, but he never complained. "Someone call him, we can't leave him out like that."

"Leave who out?" They all turned towards the voice, surprised to see Doyoung walking into the bar late in the evening. Yuna was more taken aback by his appearance, she had gotten so used to seeing her older brother in his business attire that the sight of him in a casual shirt and tracks seemed odd. He put his hand on Jeno's shoulder with a soft look, before glancing around the table. "You forgot to call Jungwoo again huh?"