Chapter 7

When Yuna woke up the next morning in her own bed, she felt a surge of energy zip through her body. She was feeling more like herself than she had felt in ages. Whether it was coming back home or seeing her family again, the recent events clearly had a positive impact on her.

Going downstairs, she made her way towards the bathroom, wanting to strip off the clothes she had been wearing for two days now. Yuna had been too exhausted to shower the previous night. Stripping all her clothes, she got under the hot shower.

Letting the water run down her back, Yuna closed her eyes. She took a moment to consider her options. She could take the easy way out and ask her brothers to lend her money, promising to keep in touch after she leaves. Or, she could stay and join the family business again. The latter, however, came with all sorts of complications and confrontations.

After washing her hair and whole body, making sure to rub off any blood stains, she stepped out of the shower. When she stood in front of the mirror, Yuna let out a small gasp at the sight of her naked body. The skin on her breast had multiple purple and red hickeys. Nail marks scratched on her sides and hips, it was as if he had painted her body. Her nipples were swollen, and she could almost make out a bite mark around one. She bit her lip, slightly tracing Lucas' work with her fingers. With all that had happened in the past 24 hours, she had almost forgotten about him.

Sighing, she walked out of the bathroom, her eyes flickering over to the closet. She wondered if all her clothes and accessories were still there. When she left two years ago, she had taken nothing more than cash, leaving the rest of her belongings behind. Opening the glass door, Yuna entered her massive closet. Breaking into a smile, she jumped up in excitement when she saw that her whole wardrobe was still intact.

Running her hands all over the place, she realised that the closet had also been cleaned frequently. Yuna had missed her personalised wardrobe, fashion was an essential part of her persona. Being the only woman in a men's world of mafia, she had to choose her looks appropriately. Her style radiated power, and her aura commanded respect. She did not dress to impress. She dressed to intimidate.

Slipping on a lace bodysuit, she threw a black satin shirt over her shoulders. Not bothering to put on any pants, she walked over to her vanity. Carefully putting on some light make up on her face and neck, her hands moved expertly. The cut on her lip was barely noticeable, but she put on dark red lipstick just in case. No one had pointed it out yesterday, but she figured that it was better to cover it up anyway. Shaking up her long wet hair, she decided to let it air dry.

 Shaking up her long wet hair, she decided to let it air dry

Walking out of her closet, Yuna hummed in content. She had momentarily forgotten all about her problems. Being back in her home gave her an inexplainable feeling of bliss. All she wanted was to take in this moment and capture her emotions.

However, good things certainly did not last long, and just like that, a knock on the door took away her blissful moment. She rolled her eyes before walking towards the door, wondering who could be at her doorstep at noon. She was under the impression that the members had to rise early for something important.