Chapter 19

Jaehyun looked straight ahead, preparing to speak to all the members who were gathered in the training area of the basement. Jaemin stood beside him as Lucas, Yuna, Mark and Haechan stood in front of them.

"Why are we having a meeting in the basement? Where's everyone else?"

"Conference room is booked, and I'd prefer for this meeting to be as private as possible anyway." Jaehyun answered Lucas' question. He knew that Lucas had been out for a few days, making him oblivious to everything that had happened within the week. "And everyone else are either busy or weren't invited."

"I thought all available members were urged to attend?" It was Yuna who questioned him this time. Jaehyun looked over at her, wondering why Jaemin had asked her to come in the first place. Regardless of the fact that he knew she was trustable, he did not quite need her there.

"I'm sure he meant the made men."

"What is this, the Godfather?" Mark snorted at Haechan's statement. They might be part of the Korean Mafia, but they still found the dramatic terms and names quite ridiculous. Mark in particular found it funny that they were named the Kkangpae, which quite literally translated to gangster in English. He came to understand the significance of having a lightly thrown around word as their name when he was told that it helped in maintaining the secrecy. Their identities were protected and no one really understood the power a Kkangpae member held, unless they were part of the underworld themselves.

"You hold the rank of a soldier?" Yuna raised a brow at Lucas, whispering to him. He nodded without looking at her, making her roll her eyes at him.

"If you guys are done joking around, we have some serious issues to discuss." Jaehyun's voice was a bit louder than before, snapping everyone's attention back to their Second-in-Command. This was one of the times which made them realise why most thought Jaehyun was scarier than Taeyong. "The man we questioned gave us a name. So now we finally have a legitimate lead. Choi Hwan."

"Who is he?" Mark asked.

"On paper? An infamous nightclub owner. In his mid-forties, known for his taste in popular models and actresses. Apparently his club is the epicentre of scandals." He informed the members, making them nod along as he spoke. "But the club is just a front. His real occupation, is of a pimp. So far we only know that his business is prostitution, but our sources suspect human trafficking as well. We think he might be selling foreign children and women throughout South Korea."

Yuna felt her heart stop, goosebumps running down her arms. She was both disgusted and disturbed by what he just told them. She subconsciously took a step back, catching Mark's attention. He instantly grabbed her hand, pulling her closer to him. Lucas squinted at the sight.

Jaehyun looked at Yuna, realisation hitting him when he saw her face. He shut his eyes and cursed under his breath, instantly regretting the details he had just given out.

"Yu-Yuna, I'm sorry. You don't have to stay here if you don't want to hear this."

Haechan looked at her sympathetically, completely understanding her reaction. Jaemin and Lucas, however, watched all of them in confusion. Growing up, Yuna had always heard traumatising rumours about how she was sold off to her father, that she was a victim of child trafficking. It was hard to ignore the whispers because it was uncommon for foreign children to show up at an orphanage in Seoul. And the fact that her father refused to give her any details about her adoption, did not help.

"No it's fine, go on."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, finish what you were saying."