Chapter 28

Jungwoo dragged his feet down the stairs, plopping himself on the couch next to Ten as he sulked. Johnny was seated in front of them in the common area, scrolling on his phone.

"What, still no luck?"

"She won't even tell me to go away."

"Is that what you want?"

"No, but at least I'll know she's alive in there." Jungwoo huffed as Johnny chuckled at him. It had been a little over a day since Yuna locked herself up in her room, and he was trying to get her to talk to him.

"You know how she is, give her some space and she'll come around." Ten spoke, not taking his eyes away from the game in his hands.

"Who'll come around?"

The trio looked up to see a smiling Chenle skip over to them, immediately brightening Johnny up. Whether he admitted it or not, everyone noticed how the young boy was making quite a permanent spot for himself in Johnny's heart. Haechan had some serious competition.

"My sister, Yuna."

"Oh I can't wait to see her!"

"You and me both, buddy." Jungwoo sighed, sinking into the seat. His older brother had warned him to leave their sister alone, Doyoung thought that whatever the problem was, they had no right to pry until she wanted to talk. But they had just gotten her back, it was tough for Jungwoo to just leave her be like that. "I bet something happened with her and Hyung again."

"Doyoung Hyung?"

"Last I heard, he visited her in the infirmary, I thought they were fine." Ten responded to Jungwoo, ignoring Chenle's question.

"When are they ever fine, Ten? It would be a miracle to see them talk normally again." Johnny snorted, reminding them of all the drama they had witnessed over the years.

"Wait, what're you guys talking about? She had a fight with someone?" The curiosity and confusion in Chenle's face seemed absolutely adorable to them, especially with his Chinese accent.

"Yuna and Taeyong. They used to date."

"Wait for real! Like in love kind of relationship?" His eyes widened at Johnny, making the older laugh at his cuteness.

"Date is an understatement, Hyung. They were like star crossed lovers. When they broke up, it was heartbreaking for all of us." Ten put his phone down at Jungwoo's words, memories flashing across his mind. Their family felt a huge sense of loss when she left, taking all the happiness with her.

"Woah, what happened?"

"Nobody knows, just like now. One moment they were the happiest couple you've seen, and the next, she's gone." Jungwoo sighed, it was still not easy to talk about.

"Hyung must have gone pretty easy on her growing up then huh? With the training and all."

"Oh no buddy, he was the toughest on her. Remember how they used to fight like cats and dogs?" Johnny turned towards Ten.

"God yes, they were so annoying. I don't know which was worse, them fighting, or them in love." He cringed, laughing along with Johnny.

"Neither, cause right now is the worst."

The duo stopped after hearing the sad words, Jungwoo had unintentionally created an awkward silence amongst them. Ten and Johnny had no idea how to respond to it, and Chenle having noticed, decided to lighten things up.

"So what changed?"

"Sorry?"

"You said they used to fight like cats and dogs right? And then they became a couple, so what changed?" He was curious, interested to know more about the family, especially their boss. And the others had no reason to hide it from him.