Chapter 22

It had been two days after the success of Yuna's mission with Jaehyun and Jaemin. They had gotten a powerful lead, one which they had previously not even bothered to look into. Moon Taeil had been wiped off of the Hantte's records, and the Kkangpae had very little information on him as well. Ever since he fled his family, no one had heard anything about him, making it difficult for them to find the man.

"Did you find anything?"

Yuna was standing in Jaehyun's office, asking him for a follow up on their mission. He, however, had no answers for her.

"No, but we're working on it. We got our best hacker on the job, I'm sure he'll come up with something before Hyung gets here."

"Taeyong's coming?"

"Yes, he's supposed to land today. You didn't know?"

"No."

Jaehyun looked at the girl in front of him, she looked nothing like the confident woman he had seen a few nights ago. Her clothes looked barely tied, and her newly blonde hair was thrown into a messy ponytail. She looked pale and drained of energy, he also noticed that her wound was covered up again. He wondered if she was okay, but decided against asking.

 He wondered if she was okay, but decided against asking

"Listen Yuna, I wanted to thank you."

"For what?"

"The mission. I don't know how you got him to talk, but I'm glad you did. You got us a big lead, and I'm grateful for it. I'm also sorry for not trusting you before, I was wrong."

"It's okay."

Jaehyun looked up from his hands to the girl, surprised by the bland response. He had expected her to give him a snarky remark or maybe even gloat, but she just seemed like she wanted to be done with the conversation. He nodded towards her, hearing a soft goodbye before she turned around and left his office. She was still not particularly his friend, but he was worried to see the sudden change in her behaviour.

In reality, Yuna had been feeling fatigue ever since the tiresome night at the club. Turns out, she was not prepared for any action after her last rendezvous. She tried to shrug it off the first time after getting stitches, but it was only getting worse now. So much was going on that she did not want to stop and rest just because of a little sluggishness.

Dragging her feet across the floor, she stopped once she reached a closed door. Yuna stared at the wooden plate, wondering if it would open for her. No one had seen the inside of Jaemin's room in over a week now, being unable to get Jeno to open up. She softly knocked on the door, hoping to hear some movement from inside.

"Jeno? It's Noona."

She waited for a few seconds, giving him time to respond to her. The deafening silence gave her the signal to turn away. Just as she was about to leave, the knob turned. To her shock and surprise, Jeno stood in the doorway, waiting for her to come inside. Not giving him the chance to change his mind, she sped into the room.