Chapter 25

"But Bàba, I don't want to go. Please don't send me there alone."

"You're not going to be alone, my son. Your cousin will guide you there, and I'm sending my most reliable and resourceful man with you."

"Why do I have to go? Why can't I stay back with you?"

"Because it is time that you learn about the empire you will take over once I am gone. And I don't have much time left." The elderly man spoke, his drooping eyes sadly gazing at the boy. The boy, his only son, stood there crying quietly, heartbroken at the thought of leaving his home and family. "Don't cry my child, this is for your own good. Someone needs to show you the ropes, and Lee Taeyong is the perfect man for the job."

The boy stared back at his father, sniffling as he spoke. He knew that the day would eventually come, having to take over the family business, but he did not expect it to be so soon. He wiped his tears before asking a question he was dreading to ask. "Will I ever see you again?"

"One day, my son."

•~•

Yuna sat on the bed, her arms crossed as she stared at her brother and her friend. It had been a few days after she had fainted, and she was feeling much better now. Unfortunately for her though, she was still being kept in the infirmary, under observation.

"When can I get out of here?"

"When you're well enough to get out."

"And when is that going to be?"

"Whenever Sungchan says so."

She rolled her eyes at Doyoung, annoyed to hear the same answer again. She wanted to know exactly when she could leave, at least that would keep her motivated to get by another day. Sure the members all took turns entertaining her when they could, but it was still getting suffocating to stay there.

"You know, I'm starting to think the kid has a crush on me. He's kept me here an awful long time."

"Oh get over yourself Angelina Jolie, not every man here is in love with you." Ten rolled his eyes at her, not amused by Yuna's dramatic behaviour.

"Are you sure about that? Cause I know for a fact that you for one, are at least a tad bit in love with me." She winked at him, shamelessly flirting in front of her own brother. Doyoung on the other hand, chose to ignore them and focus on his laptop.

"Easy there cowboy, we don't want your Mr Smith to hear about your wild imagination, now do we?" Ten warned, half-jokingly and half-serious.

His indication faltered Yuna's smile, taking her back to the faint memory from a few days ago. She did not remember much about what they spoke of, but what she did remember was being in his arms again. The drugs in her system had wiped away the sweet moment, or maybe her own mind did.