Chapter 8

Of course Taeyong was the new leader. Everyone had always known that he was next in line. They had spent their childhood poking fun at him, calling him the heir to the throne. Yuna herself had teased him over it, asking him whether that would make her a mafia mistress. But when it finally happened, she was in disbelief.

They had always assumed that when he took over, it would be a few dozen years down the line. No one had actually thought that a 26 year old Lee Taeyong, would sit at the centre of the South Korean underworld.

After Ten hit her with the flabbergasting news, he left her alone to digest it. Now, she roamed around her room, trying to figure out what this meant for her. Ten had informed her that the details of Lee Kang-dae's murder had been kept under wraps. The Kkangpae had started their investigation without wasting time, but so far, they came up empty handed. However, Ten had also pointed out that the night's meeting was most likely in regards to that.

"Why didn't Mark tell me?" She asked herself, wondering why her friend had not mentioned his own father's death, to her. None of the other members had said anything either, she thought, making her sigh and drop on the couch in her room. Maybe they assumed she already knew about it?

There was no point in fleeing now. His father's death might have halted Taeyong's hunt for Yuna, but there was no way she could run from under his nose. His current status did not only put him in the position to hold her back, but also gave him the authority to punish her. She might have been on the receiving end of his fiercely devoted love, but she had also seen him be ruthless to those who crossed him. And right now, she had no idea which category she fell into.

If the Kkangpae had organised a paramount convocation, Yuna knew it would only take place at the headquarters. The mafia would not risk gathering all their assets at an easily accessible area, and the headquarters was most definitely the safest.

Grabbing her phone from the coffee table in front of the couch, she dialled the one person she knew would answer her without any questions.

"Noona? What's up, you missing me?" Haechan's cheerful voice asked. Yuna had exchanged numbers with all the members she had met the other day, mostly because Doyoung needed reassurance that she was not going to leave again.

"What time is the meeting?"

•~•

Yuna stepped out of the elevator, making her way towards the ground floor conference hall. She had spent the past hour rummaging through her closet, trying to decide on what to wear. She tried to tell herself that she just wanted to dress appropriately, and not due to her rapidly beating heart, dreading the thought of seeing the man she had loved, again. Finally, she had decided on wearing the black lace bodysuit with a pair of black jeans and boots. She thought it fit to not grab too much attention with excessive dressing, keeping minimal accessories, and letting her beautiful waves cascade down her shoulders.

 She thought it fit to not grab too much attention with excessive dressing, keeping minimal accessories, and letting her beautiful waves cascade down her shoulders