Buffalo Bills

A/N: Also, very quick disclaimer... Not only am I not from the US, I know close to nothing about football, so all my information comes from quick google researches. If anything is wrong, I apologize in advance. Anyway... I hope you enjoy this one and, as always, let me know what you're thinking!

As soon as he opened his door, Sam was glad he had decided to wear clothes in his apartment for once that morning.

"AJ." He said, opening a smile when he recognized the woman in his door. "What are doing here?"

"Is it a bad time?" She asked then, and as soon as she did, he realized how his words might have sounded.

"Oh, no, no, no." He shook his head as he stepped aside to let AJ in. "Come on, I was just watching some football, actually."

"Football?" AJ asked, as she stood behind the couch, looking over at the TV.

"Yeah. But you can watch something else if you want." He said, giving the remote to AJ. "Do you want anything to drink?"

"A glass of water, please?"

"Cold?"

AJ smiled then, at the fact that he had remembered such a small detail from their night almost a month before.

"Sure." She nodded.

Sam walked up to his kitchen then, grabbing the water for her and walking back into the living room. He frowned, though, when he noticed the football still on the TV as AJ sat in silence on his couch, looking down at the remote in her hands. Approaching her quietly, Sam sat down beside her, offering her the glass of water as he waited for her to look up at him.

"You like football then?" He teased, smiling a bit when AJ snapped her head up at him and blinked quietly a few times.

"Not really." She admitted with a giggle, grabbing the glass from Sam as she gave him the remote. "I don't really care for it. I mean, I don't even know who's playing."

"The Buffalo Bills are playing." Sam gasped playfully. "You don't know the Buffalo Bills?"

He rolled his eyes then when AJ just stared at him with a small smile.

"They're from here. New York." Sam said, throwing an arm over the back of the couch as AJ took a sip of her water and scooting closer to him a bit. "The ones in blue."

"Are they winning?"

"No."

"Are they good?"

"Sometimes."

"Are they your team?"

"No." Sam smiled then. "Mine are the Titans. From Tennessee."

"And are the Titans better than the Buffalo Bills?"

AJ laughed then when Sam stuttered a bit, probably not wanting to admit that the team from his home town was probably not better than the one from New York.

"Stop asking questions and just watch the game, babe."

At that, AJ settled, leaning closer to Sam as soon as the nickname slipped past his lips so effortlessly. For the next few minutes, AJ stay quiet, letting Sam watch his game as she sipped in her water for distraction and trying to focus on the comfort of Sam's finger lazily drawing patterns in her arm and not at the pressure she felt building in her stomach from a stupid envelope in her purse.

When the halftime came around, Sam finally took his attention off of the TV and back at AJ and, as soon as he looked at her, he could sense the tension radiating off of her in waves. So, muting the TV, Sam took his arm from the back of the couch and spun around in his seat a bit so she could look properly at AJ and, as soon as he did, the woman looked away from him, breaking down in a puddle of tears as she hung her head low.