~Chapter 26: Jungkook~

"Shit, that's not right either."

In frustration, I run a hand through my dark shaggy hair. I've sat here on the floor of my studio for hours. Plucking away at notes and chords on my acoustic guitar, scribbling on a piece of paper.

It hadn't taken me long to figure out what I would get her for her birthday. I know she's going to love it; hell, she'll probably end up crying. Happy tears, of course.

I can't stop the wide grin that begins to spread on my face. I can feel my heart race and swell at the thought of Noona's reaction.

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

"What?" I holler out, my brows furrow, and I poke my tongue on the inside of my cheek in concentration on the task at hand.

"Kook, it's me."

Crap, I forgot I said that I'd help him today.

"It's open; just come in!" I shout towards the studio door. Taehyung peeks his head into the room, with an anxious look on his face.

 "I'm not interrupting something, am I, Kook?" He asks his voice a little on the quiet side.

Why is he so timid? There must be something else going on. 

"No, Hyung, you're not." I sigh, setting down my guitar.

I guess I'll have to finish this later. 

"So have you figured out where you're going to throw Noona's party at?" I ask; getting up from the floor, I walk over to the door, shove my feet into my boots and lace them up. Taehyung enters the studio and shuts the door behind him, then sits down on the couch.

"Kind of, but I'm not so sure." His brows knit together as his eyes fill with indecision. 

"I haven't seen you this anxious since..." I trail off, trying to find the right words, without digging up the past.

I rub the back of my neck and continue, "Well, for a very long time, is there something you need to get off your chest?"

I can see the gears turning behind his dark brown eyes as if he's deciding whether or not to tell me something. He shakes his head, no, and gives me a small smile; that doesn't reach his eyes.

"No, Kookie, there isn't, but thank you. And I appreciate you helping me today; you could have told me no."

I give him my signature bunny smile and walk over to put a hand on his shoulder. "Taehyung ssi, there's nothing I wouldn't do for you and Noona. You both mean the world to me, you know that right." 

Something dark flashes quickly behind his eyes, and before I can get a chance to figure what it was. It's gone just as fast as it appeared. 

"I know Kook, I know." His tone was light, but then there it is again, the smile that doesn't reach his eyes.

I have to continue keeping Noona at a distance, well, at least a friendly one, so I can get my shit together.

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••💜••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

Taehyung and I drive around town to a variety of different possible venues. None of them seem to fit what he is looking for. His explanation to me about it, during the drive, is that he wants a medium-size space. That gives off that cozy and homey sort of feeling, which is a little hard to come by here in the big bright city of Seoul.