Review - The Golden Days

Author: mysteriousmahek

Introduction :-
When a reader reads the prologue or the first chapter of a book, the first thing that connects them to the book is the emotion. Be it a thriller, paranormal, romantic or any other kind, the introduction always plays a vital role. You have done a good job in giving an introduction that will bring a smile on the reader's face. The first three lines are actually funny. I personally loved it. I could not help but reminisce about my school  days. It's a good start.  Good work!!

Title :-
Name. Anything and everything in this world is known to us only by their respective names. Humans identify each other by their names. Books are identified  by their titles and the author's name. The golden days is a really good title that takes the readers back to their school and college days, reminiscing the fun, the enjoyment. But, it's very straightforward. The title can be tweaked to attract more readers.

Cover :-
Unfortunately, don't judge a book by its cover proverb cannot be taken into consideration here. Covers are nothing but a pictorial representation of what to expect in a book. Readers first get attracted to a catchy title and then the book cover. The cover looks good but life is always about perfecting ourselves. You can definitely come up with a cover that will make the readers want to read this book.

Blurb:-
The third most important aspect for a successful book is the blurb. You have done a really good job in giving a sweet and interesting blurb. The starting line, "I didn't have a friend..." is eye catchy. At the same time, being too transparent has its own repercussions. The blurb is simple and to the point. You can add a gist of something interesting that will be happening in the book in order to attract readers who love mysteries.

Summary (Reviewer's thesis):-

Moving to a new place owing to her father's transfer, Kiara is a typical high school girl who starts her academic year in a new school, hoping to form new relationships and learn new things.
She gels well with a few students and soon, she becomes a part of their group.
What follows next is the day to day happenings, the fun she has with her friends, her crush and how she tackles them. Honestly, it's a feel good coming of age story that brought a smile to my face automatically, without my knowledge. Wonderful work!!

Analysis and Evaluation -

Characters and their development:-
Kiara is the typical middle class Indian high school girl. Though being the only child, she is grounded and down to earth. Her character is lovely and her characterization is good. She appears meek but has a firm strong hold of herself. Instead of making her a class topper or a bully, you have given a realistic characterization and that is really applause worthy.

Misha and Sara, the two childhood best friends are really funny. The way they included Kiara in their group is really heart warming. Not all newbies get such welcome from their new class members.

The boys in their group, Arav, Jai and Adi are not like those typical imaginary high schoolers who show off their muscles or are playboys. You have steered clear of the stereotypical portrayals, making me sigh in relief. These boys are funny and friendly.

Together, these six high schoolers and their characterization will definitely take the readers back to their cool sweet school days.

Good job!

Plot :-
It's a simple, clear out and out  coming of age story. You have given importance to the day to day activities and the emotions of the female lead, aka Kiara. While it's great to read a light hearted story, it becomes monotonous after a few chapters. Instead of giving all the chapters in pov of one person, you can navigate it between the friends so that we can understand the point of view of other characters too, thus making the book a little more interactive and interesting to read. Also, you can write from a third person's point of view so that it doesn't get monotonous.

Descriptions :-
The classroom description is superb. The way the classes take place in an Indian School is clearly depicted. The students and their mischievous attitude really tickled my funny bone .
The surrounding areas, the distance between their houses, the food stalls, coffee shops are well defined.

You have added a few pictures of the houses in a middle class Indian locality and it's really commendable, since Wattpad has a vast number of readers all over the world.

Grammar :-
A few negligible errors are present. With the right guidance in editing and proofreading, the book will reach good heights.

Sensory flow -
For a good part of the book, the feelings are reliable and relatable. Right words have the power to bring out the right emotions. You can improve by giving the pov of the other characters too, so that their emotions can be understood by the readers. Also, there are certain glitches, like the way Kiara feels jealous about the other girl who goes closer to Jai and the hurt felt by Sara when Misha ignores her. A little more concentration on the intense emotional turmoil of the characters can be given to boost the story.

Conclusion :-
A wonderful story that has a great potential to reach heights with the right amount of editing and proofreading.

Overall Impression:-
As a reader, I loved this book. Good job author!! As said before, if guided in the right path, this book will reach great heights.

This review is based on the knowledge I have gained from reading books in Wattpad and I apologise if it has hurt your sentiments in any way.

Regards,
Springoceania
springoceania

Regards,Springoceaniaspringoceania