Review - Blade of Vish

Author: StraightFrom_Hell

Introduction -

Title: 'Blade of Vish'. Reading the name for the first time, I could imagine a sword maybe, which has a very high importance and probably the centre of the story. I could literally picturise a nice paranormal action scene. But I am so glad to say that this is much more than just an action or an adventure or a paranormal story. It is so much more! The title was truly enigmatic and alluring. Kudos to you for choosing such an innovative title.

Cover: The cover was a total pictorial representation of the title, with the sword. The texture in the background complimented the centerpiece. Honestly, I loved it! But what I thought would be even great was if you could add an alluring and interesting subtitle or a tagline. I believe that'd add attention to your story. Just a suggestion though!

Blurb: I am awed with the way you started the blurb. An interesting excerpt from the story is what draws a reader's attention. As a reader I'd like to have an intersection between the blurb and the description of the story, which isn't there in yours. A simple dash or asterisks would do the job too!
Blurb is like a window to your story - it shows the reader what to expect in the story. The more interesting the blurb is, the more interesting the story is gonna be. But the blurb also magnifies errors. So making sure that there are no grammatical mistakes, though very inconspicuous, is very important. I did notice one or two dispensaries. I suggest you have a look at them.

Summary -

As far back as he remembers, Neel has always been a normal boy, until he wasn't anymore. Though he was antisocial and awkward around girls, it's normal right? Right. Though things take a drastic turn once he hears voices in his head. No, Not the type a hallucinating person does, but the type when you get once you are introduced into a realm of paranormalcy. The voice becomes his best friend, his saviour and his forever mate. Things start going awry when the world of Eternal Kingdom and Pataal Lok crash down into his life and how he deals with it along with the support of his sister forms the story!

Honestly, one of the best books I have read in Wattpad and will always look forward to.

Analysis and Evaluation -

Character Development: Character Development, I believe, is a very important part in any story. It is what connects readers with the characters and takes them through the roller coaster ride in the story. I felt like there was still scope for you to improve here. Be it about Zippy or Dhruv or Guruji and the Eternal Kingdom as a whole.

Plot: I would be lying if I said I am not blown by your idea. It was incredible! I loved the pace and the mood of the story and especially how it is going forward. I am very eagerly waiting for the next updates. I loved how innovative your idea of inception was. Improvement in your writing style can be clearly seen from the first chapters to the recent ones though you have a long way to go, but don't we all? Even still I would like for you to know that I think the first few chapters of your book can be better written, especially in pertinence with your recent improvement in writing skills.
I have a doubt! What happened to Ziggy after they go to Eternal KIngdom? NO one hint of his existence is given!

Sensory Flow: Sensory flow is, in its basic terms, how the emotions of the characters are described and how original it feels. I can see that you have put a bit of effort here, but I believe you can do even better. There are points where you have stated the emotions but there was scope for a detailed description of how the characters may have felt. Be it more emphasis on Neel's shock and bewilderment at discovering a voice in his head, his delight at having a secret no one knows and such. Rereading your story would definitely help you!

Descriptions: Do you know the beauty of Fiction? It's a world you create. Everything about it is in the author's head. No law in the world works there except the ones the author creates. The beauty of a Fiction can only be completely appreciated when the descriptions are detailed and interesting. You have done a good job there and I can see you get more intricate in your recent chapters, but I'd like to emphasize that you can do wonders with words. I never saw Eternal KIngdom, no one but you did ('coz you are the author). You can't show us but you can tell us! So can you do for the temple of Tanot Mata and many more. Give it a thought!

Grammar and Vocabulary: Nothing very major but there were a few errors. Nothing that can't be corrected by another round of proofreading!

Conclusion -

Your story has an absolutely great scope. I liked the theme and the spontaneity of your story! Correction of errors and a little improvement in your presentation skills, which I believe you can achieve through exposure, can get your story to great heights.

Suggestions: I don't have anything much to say here. Just take care of your fabrications and you'll be great, I believe. All the best for your future endeavours!

Anything else, PM me or comment after tagging me!

Regards,
Sanjana
virtueme01

Regards,Sanjana virtueme01