Review - Cursed Or Blessed

Author- Again_if_only

Introduction-

Title:

Cursed or Blessed. A questionable title it is without a question mark, that gives you a thinking entry into the plot of what was going to happen like what on earth is the curse or blessing? So, it is a grand opening into the picture leading to a dramatic yet patriotic story. Awe worthy!

Cover:

Cover is the way into the soul of the story. The better you make it the best your abilities are displayed on how clear you are being about the story. The picture in your cover gives us the longing feeling of love, that is beautiful yet it is dissing the growth of your text not allowing it to shine. It would be lovely if you could try out something more attractive with the text styles, maybe bigger in size would probably be much prettier. (Canva and Picsart allow many different styles)

Blurb:

Almost perfectly done with the dwelling question you posed the readers making them wonder of what all they can expect from the story. I can't help but add here that we love to see a little more about the character we are going to live, laugh, endure pains and have an invisible journey with so instead of him and her we will want to know identities unless they are a threat to our lives!😉

Summary-

Falling for someone in the horror and remains of a war could shortly describe the journey of Nehali and Basheer. I loved the fact that you tried writing a controversial political story because that needs a lot of courage and self-motivation to put it out for someone to read. Kudos to you! The story gives an impression of her turning into a war prisoner and absolutely we can connect with the emotions of her desperation to return back to her home turf, India. The fight and love for ones own country land is quite much evident and your awesome usage of urdu in the right times makes it even more beautiful.

Analysis and Evaluation-

Plot:

Very well planned on making it look so beautifully enthralling and enjoyable. Awesomely webbed although I would like to add there were some missing holes which we can find easily, as you are writing a risky topic you need to be careful with what connections you make. I wouldn't want to leave any spoilers here, so in short you did an amazing job in making a war prisoner and Pakistani man fall for each other, quite cryptic it sounds but coolly it is executed. Try rereading it, you can fill up the few inconvenient inconsistencies.

Characters:

As much as I loved Nehali and her hilarious thoughts in the middle of crisis, not to forget her mind working dirty when around Basheer, I would want to add this that when we are trained to fight maybe the first thing we learn is to follow orders, so, as a doctor she must be knowing not to jump on instinct and be patient and not act upon being an emotional. That makes her look weak not patriotically emotional, so a little more research on her character development would be lovely.

The story being a first POV we didn't get to see much of Basheer but the last one you did give us a glimpse and man, I loved it. Brilliant it was to see him struggling with himself between his duty and being protective of Nehali.

Description:

You have done a great job so far although everything is from Nehali's point of view we still understood what is happening around and the seriousness of the situation. On this note I would like to add try using their names often either in the dialogues or description parts because at some point we lose connection if we don't know about whom we are talking about, a nameless personality. As a writer you may be clear in your head with what you want to convey but make sure as a reader is it being engulfed in the same manner.

Sensory Flow:

I am giving this completely to you. Awesome! That is one of the best plus points about writing a first POV that you can connect easily with the readers but the minus point is only minimum characters connect. Nehali's emotions can be felt every moment we are with her like her longing for home, her duality act in front of Basheer and how she struggles with herself not to fall for the wrong side person and her never ending battle of trust.

Vocabulary, Grammar and Punctuation:

Well worked on all these three aspects. But, if I wont mention about the little slip up in the opening blurb of the much then it will be wrong on our part, giving you a fake review. Even if gold is polished and newly bought there is always a chance to shine and shimmer it better, so is the same with our writing work. We can always keep improving, so it would be lovely if you could take your time and do some filtering here and there.

Conclusion-

Jubilant! With a little more polishing and watering I say it has awesome chances to make it big because very few become successful in attempting a patriotic yet love story between two rival countries.

Suggestions-

I think I have done this part above little by little but something out from all of them is your first chapter. For better visuals and understanding you can actually post it as a prologue or in this case you can name it as an epilogue (hatke beginning) because the story until now isn't something jumping from past to present.

Last but not the least I would like to say that this was my way of helping you improve and in no way criticizing you. I hope you understand it and take the positivity from it.

I would love to read the completed product. All the very best!

Regards,

Sana ❤

breathes_oxygen