Review - Sincerely Yours

Author: Anora0901

Author: Anora0901

Title: Sincerely Yours - I am not gonna lie, but the first time I read it, my mind wandered to the letter-writing in my school days. Ah, those were the days! The title honestly brought out great memories. It wasn't until I read the hook line that I could clearly demarcate the what and why of its purpose. Great Title! Very apt and amazing.

Cover: With one of the most loved couples on the cover, you stole my heart. Kushi and Arnav - My favourite Telly Couple! The Typography, the background, the Couple - it was beautiful, but I would be lying if I said it was truly satisfactory. With a strong concept of Self-reliance and Independence in addition to Love and Revenge coating the storyline, I felt there was more scope to do with the cover!

Blurb: It is said that the blurb is the window to the story. It is the deciding factor for a reader to either go for it or go back. For such an exciting story, The blurb was an exact match. My favourite part was the questions. Each one eliciting a sprout of Curiosity in my mind! I loved it!

Summary:

Sincerely Yours is an Arnav-Khushi Fan Fiction. It's a story of an estranged friendship. Of Suppressed Feelings. Of Self Confidence and Independence. Of Growing Strong and Hard. Of Family and Society. Of Useless Social Hierarchy which only demarcates us and Of Love which brings all of us together. It's a story of love reuniting even after it has so many hurdles.

Analysis and Evaluation:

Characters: I have to give this to you! You did an amazing job at characterizing them. I loved the transformation of Khushi from a soft spoken, sweet girl to confident and straightforward Business Woman! But I have to admit, at first it was hard for me to see Payal as anything but soft! Haha!
Again a but. I would be lying if I said I was completely blown. I thought there was more scope for development of Arnav's character and even Akash's and even Anjali's. I am still waiting to see if Shyam will turn out to be a positive character or not. Can't help it! I only even saw him as an idiot! *smiling sleepishly*

Plot: The flow of the story as far as I have seen is smooth and nice. *Full blown Dramatic effect* I am totally hooked and waiting to see where the story is going! Though I have a few questions - Even though Khushi went away, Payal was here. How come Arnav's family lost track of her, seeing as the two families were described to be so close?  How can nobody seriously question Garima and Shashi about the reason for Payal and Khushi's disappearance? And a few more. Maybe rereading and detailing will help let go of this confusion in the plot

Sensory Flow: I personally believe Sensory flow is very important to a storyline for it plays a major role in hooking a reader to the story. This is one place where I believe you could still improve. I personally would have liked more emphasis on Khushi's reaction when Payal was thrown into the pool or how Arnav felt about hurting Khushi, his feelings when Khushi brushed him off in the Parking Lot, etc etc.

Descriptions and Detailing: In this Sector, I can see that a lot of effort was put in. And kudos to you for that! But there are a few gaps here and there. I can only say that this part of writing can only be improved by experience and Exposure. So do not stress yourself over it. Rereading and Comparing may help a lot!

Grammar and spelling: Nothing very major but there were a few errors. Nothing that can't be corrected by another round of proofreading!

Conclusion:

'Sincerely Yours' is an amazing story and I definitely enjoyed reading it. Correction of errors and a little improvement in your presentation skills, which I believe you can achieve through exposure, can get your story to great heights.

Suggestions: I don't have anything much to say here. Just take care of your fabrications and you'll be great, I believe. All the best for your future endeavours!

Anything else, PM me or comment after tagging me!

Regards,
Sanjana
virtueme01

Regards,Sanjanavirtueme01