Review - Her 9 to 19

Author - polymath__land

Introduction -

Title :  Title is in the first set of things a reader notices while mentally preparing to read the story. The title "Her 9 to 19" is absolutely unique and catchy. It perfectly suits and corresponds with the storyline. Referring to the story of little girl and her life's turning point, it is certainly a right choice 👍

Cover : Cover being the graphical portrayal of the book, it has to be appealing and utterly the representation of storyline.
As a reader I find cover splendid. I love the background consisting of dark red-black burnt roses and clocks which clearly shows the pain and the time travel from 9 to 19 years. The little girl and the font of title is eloquent and well-spoken. Maybe slight change in font and adjustment with author's name and an appealing subtitle will bring more glory if found one, although its upto you.

Blurb : Introducing the character of Adina to the reader is done beautifully.  Who she is? What she does? What's her personality? What she has gone through?
All these answers are provided to the reader with much information and suspense.
Also including the part of story to give a glimpse of the story prepares a reader about what they're going to read and also tells what would be the theme of the story. Along with raising some questions to attract readers about what is going to happen? How Adina will change?
This is superb. Good job!

Providing a note is also a plus point as some readers may complain after reading a chapter or two about not informing beforehand.

Summary -

"Her 9 to 19" is a story of Adina, a 9 year old, a bubbly and fun loving girl, so innocent and cute. But life doesn't goes as we wish it to go.
Life taught her the meaning of fate and destiny at the tender age of 9. An unfortunate incident turned her life upside down and made her to think about people.
What they will say?
What they will think?
She asked herself these questions at a age when children only knows to play and care about themselves. She worries and take stress about each and everything. Will my parents love me? Am I a burden? Will I be able to fulfill my dreams?
The story is quite depressing and intense to learn something so painful and heartbreaking that a little girl has to go through. Its about the bitter truth of this cruel society that only favours the favourable and doesn't value the life of other person in lieu of personal gains and greed.

Analysis & Evaluation -

Character Development : As in the story Adina is the main character so describing her personality, emotions- feelings and turmoils becomes the main subject. And it is very important to make readers understand about her and her life due to the storyline and subject.
As a reader I'm able to understand what she thinks, what she feels and why she reacts the way she had. You've emphasised on her each and every movement with respect to the time. Starting her character, showing the innocence of 9 year old little girl to the girl who knows the meaning of fate to the one who starts to worry about every little thing to the one who matures in a moment.
It is praiseworthy and commendable!
Adina's character is framed as right as a trivet.
And about rest of the characters, there role development is good as they appear while reading.

Plot : The plot of any story makes the reading worthwhile. And for a subject oriented story, a plot is the essence because it can enhance the underlying theme and conclusion.
So plot framing is significant.

Upto to now the plot is going well and I assume that you will keep its essence the same way.

Description : As this story is solely dependent on Adina, describing her emotions, turmoils, suffering, pain attachment, detachment, love, anger, smile, tears, known and unknown diseases is much more significant and crucial. Describing her personality internally as well as externally not only provides the story an essence but also brings out the inherent purpose of framing such a story.
As a reader I have felt the innocence of little girl in the opening chapter who happily accepts everything what comes her way to the one who becomes insensitive to the little joy and happiness. Removing herself and moving back from every thing.
You've done a wonderful job in revealing every corner of her and making realise her turmoils and chaos.

Grammar : Grammar along with punctuation and sentence formation is done beautifully with no major mistakes.
But some typos and editing should be taken care of. And also for Adina, at some places third person (she) is used instead of first person (I) when stiry flows from her point of view. So take note of this matter.

Sensory Flow : Due to the subject of story its important to understand Adina and also what she has to go through to spread the word of a girl's suffering and the inhumane side of this selfish society.
Her emotional outlook is displayed with much clarity and transparency because reading the story has disturbed and stirred my emotions.
Great work!

Conclusion -

Overall Impression : Story has left a strong impression on me and I assume its going to be more intense in the upcoming chapters. I can't say you to make a happy ending but I'm sure reading it will bring some strength and power to deal with situations.
I will only say keep going on, keep writing as you have great potential to make the story worth reading and I look forward to completion of the story. All the best 👍

Suggestions : I don't have anything  to suggest further.

If you have any query regarding review or want to ask something specifically you can comment or PM me.

Regards & best wishes
Ridhi
Ridhi_AG019❤️

Regards & best wishesRidhi Ridhi_AG019❤️