Review - His 'Hush-Hush' Girl

Author : _tales_writer_

Title : Lots of suspense in the title itself. Shh, I even found it kind of a cute approach instead of using any darker emotion you cleverly used a beautiful way to give a one line explanation of what is to be expected. 

Cover : Black and White combo can never go wrong and I even wondered if you were trying to show us the plunges of Akruti’s life behind the mask? Graphically it is attractive with a mysterious aura and it would have been a magnificent picture if only the styling of the text would be in a bigger frame. Maybe a little bit of font trial is all required, rest assured it is going to be cool.

Blurb : It is the first insight into your story which determines the reader in diving into the journey or scurrying away for another one. What makes a blurb appealing is – who are the people and context, which you have done a great job introducing but it isn’t enough for a reader to get into the story. So, what is the key? People love conflict, mention it, connect both Akruti’s and Viren’s story there instead of giving a break, and keep the suspense alive by hanging in a connective question.

Analysis and Evaluation – 

Characters : Generally very few stories try to portray multi characters and a beautiful bonding family because too many cooks spoil the taste, likewise too many characters confuses the plot but you have taken a powerful risk and donned it very entertainingly. Be it a sibling bonding, a binding family, supportive mother daughter duos and many more, my favourite being her friendship with Daksh.

Plot : Writing fiction is the act of weaving a series of lies to arrive at a greater truth, this was said by a very powerful man and I believe that is what you are doing. Beautifully connecting and at times realistic yet hilarious and having both these words in the same line is a mysterious honour itself. Of course, we all thrive for getting a better self of us every next day so there is always a scope for improvement in its own best ways. As it might be the first draft, make it a point you read it again and you will understand where it does need polishing and remember you are always your first reader.

Descriptions : This is a place where I am going to make it a point to take a break and let you know where is your major scope for improvement. I am not going to suggest anything, only state the useful sketch which has gone messy because at the end of the day it is your story and you will only be the author. 

1. In the very opening paragraph there has been a display of redundancy and multiple usage of the same word, now we wouldn’t want the readers to feel off putting about the complete story and judge it – let’s be practical, opening attracts or repels so, the powerful it is the best impression it makes.

2. Dialogues, they are very creative but it is being overshadowed by a bit of messy presentation – like over usage of . . . and improper display of case sensitivity.

3. Now coming to the supporting sentences which is creating quite a hype of confusion because of sudden italic attacks and unnecessary addition of ‘. And the art of being a writer is expressing different emotions beautifully, I couldn’t quite comprehend the usage of Capital letters when you are delivering a shouting dialogue, it is where supporting sentences come and the time to showcase your explaining skills. 

4. And, maybe a single ? is enough to understand that it is a question, so stop using it excessively.

5.Besides your display of affection for and among all the characters is very captivating to a point that I started hoping, Aww, I should also have had such a family or friend. Ah – man, I loved that feeling and it is very lovely.

Grammar and Punctuation : It is something which is like the icing on the top of the cake - giving an eternal beauty to the cake itself, the same with stories as these two attributes can make a plain looking girl into a Chanel – perfect – waist model. I loved the way you expressed the whole plot and it was just enthralling. But what can make it more magnus is the polishing of tenses and better usage of punctuation marks. What you just need to do, is spend some over it to read again and check the fitting of sentence formation and if you aren’t up for it then we always have Grammarly, just drop into it and make the amends then there is no stopping for you.

Conclusion – 

The story till where I read is very joyous and even manages to hold you onto it. Kudos to your hard work for making it happen and putting out for us. I am not going to emphasise much because I think I have done a good job in helping you go through something which others wouldn’t want to point out.

There is something I would love to add, when I generally write my story with the theme based in India, if we talk about clothing the first thing my head thinks is about western attires but the fact that you mentioned salwar kurti really touched my heart and made me feel differently, while talking about relationship’s also I barely use hindi terms but when I read the sweet names Dadu, Nanu and many other it felt really sweet.

In the end line I would simply take the liberty to say I enjoyed your story and take this review as a positive criticism and sorry if I went too harsh, and I would love to see the changes if you are thinking to do.

All the best. Thank You.

Regards
Sana
breathes_oxygen

RegardsSanabreathes_oxygen