Review - Abhaya Bhairavi

Author : KaushikiGanguly

Introduction:

Title : It is brilliant! Abhaya meaning not being scared changes the entire dynamics of the simple yet powerful name Bhairavi. The first thing I did after reading your title is search the name on google only to end up finding not too much information so kudos to you for your brilliant knowledge on it. And Thanks for sharing it with all of us.

Cover : It is beautiful with the paint of turmeric which gives a more divine look to the goddess in call. As a reader a suggestion from me would be that you could have included some modern elements in the opening picture because only a picture of goddess can even give the wrong message, can be considered as an only mythological history and people may leave it for that reason. Also I think, a little bit of contrast between the text and the background should be enhanced.

Blurb : Brilliantly described, the vagility required to lure a reader is clearly attempted. What else would a reader want more than solving mystery when in a beautiful story?

Summary :

Beautiful yet captivating journey of Bhairavi. 

Here I will take the leniency and already tag your story as a contemporary mythology. To be honest it is an extremely difficult job to make a fusion of both these tastes and I am so amazed that you have made it perfectly, imaginable. 

The pretty points are it is a slow burn (my personal favourite) that helps a reader to get connected with the main characters, in total with the characters and that is how it makes us more enjoyable as we can feel their emotions very clearly, attachment it is.

Analysis and Evaluation:

Characters : Bhairavi is indeed a very strong portrayal in both contemporary and mythological parts of the story. The life graph is more complicated than a sine graph for her, but the way you built the character is just amazing of how she ended up losing her precious voice and then using sign language, her endless struggles with pen and paper to communicate with Namma. I think with pain comes pleasure, it was peaceful to see her coming out of grief and tacklig

While I must add Namma's and her relationship is something every one envies of as we all want to have one like that. Namma is the best grandmother I have ever met, thank you for creating her!

Samanya is like the touch of pickle in one's plate filing appetite with the enjoyable taste. He gives the story the little mischievous endearing to gush about.

And Summer, man I am so in love with him. 

Plot : I have to give this to you girl!

I can't stop praising of how well you have webbed the entire story connecting it beautifully and keeping the touch of mystery alive till the last breath. Well done!

Descriptions : It is one of the powerful Indian stories so rich in Indian heritage as you can find the beauty of roads to the mouth-watering aloo parathas in the story, potentially flamboyant, but underrated because people didn't find it. That's sad. I am not going to say much here because my above elucidation is already giving away so much of it. 

But as it is said, there is always a scope for improvement. As has already been said, this part of mythology is not known by many. So, a bit more background about the goddess would be great. About Kal Bhairava and their son.

Grammar and Punctuation : Usage of vocabulary and best indications of all commas, full stops to exclamatory marks are awesomely done. But here is something I would like to suggest as a reader – we don't love to read long paragraphs, at least not on Wattpad! So, whenever you have the time for alterations, I hope you take this in consideration and split the paragraphs in necessary parts to make it look more appealing.

As for dialogues also there were moments where it gets confusing of who and why are they speaking. So, a little amendment in that section will give it a polishing shine. (I know you must have thought about all these but never got the time to do or maybe the motivation so- the greatest quality of a writer is being stubborn and patient – yeah! You can do it.)

Conclusion :

I am so in love with the story and I hope it could find more rightful people to read it. Abhaya Bhairavi has the capacity to rank top among all the mythological stories even beating the Greeks. I wish you do the necessary touching for it to blossom prettier than a cherry!

Suggestions : Personally for the cover I would like to see a half modern face displaying a contemporary life while the other half showing the rage of Goddess Bhairavi.

And it would be lovely to have a glossary chapter in the very starting about all the Vedic terminology mention like the names of Gods and Goddess, Rakshasas and possibly their hierarchy distribution that could possibly attract more readers into the story. Also it will be easy for non Indian readers who have little to no idea about Indian mythology to understand the story and appreciate its content.

Spacings in between chapters was much needed. I'd also take the liberty and say that using bold text for such long paragraphs is off-putting. 

Great job with the book! I am so in love with it.

Regards
Sana❤️
breathes_oxygen

RegardsSana❤️breathes_oxygen