thirty three

I ran, and ran, leaving the underground almost banging into a taxi as I jaywalked and I was breathing heavily as I walked in the door. "Miss Spencer, are you ok?"

"Is miss Davis here?" I asked trying to suppress the tears.

"She's in a meeting- take the elevator up and wait in her office." I nodded and glanced behind me as I made my way to the hall. I got off on her floor and of course, Mia was there.

"Can I he- are you ok?"

"Huhum." I nodded.

"Miss Davis shouldn't be too long." I nodded and went towards her office, as I reached for the handle I heard a click sound as the lock opened. I went inside and fell to the floor sobbing, I curled my legs to my chest and my chest was burning as I tried to catch my breath. I heard the lock on the door clicked after I don't know how long and I jumped up as Lucy walked in.

"Dolly what are you do-"

"Can your plain take me home I'll pay for it I don't care I just need to get home."

"What's wrong?" She asked Stepping towards me, I took a step back holding back more tears.

"I- just need to get home now... I... I can't be here... I need to-" I couldn't breathe again.

"Hey, here sit down." She grabbed my hand as I pulled away, I sat on the couch and cried. "Lucy I... last night was... I didn't mean it-"

"He's here!" I yelled.

"Who?" She asked sitting beside me.

"Him... Jason, my past I couldn't tell you about."

"What... what do you mean?"

"He's been stalking me for a year or two now-" I took a breath. "And he's fucking here. I don't know how he... knew where I was but- when I was waiting for the underground he..." I looked away and closed my eyes tightly. "I need to get home now." Lucy got up going to her desk and came back a second later.

"Here, take this." She passed me a pill.

"What is this?" I asked.

"Just take it, it's a Xanax. What's his name?" She asked grabbing her phone, I took the pill for some dumb reason and turned to her. I glanced over at her and I noticed her eyes were red and she tried to cover it with makeup. "You scared me when I woke and you weren't at the house." She said quietly.

"Why. You didn't care when you fu-"

"Miss Davis." Mia said walking in with two glasses of water.

"Knock next time Mrs. James." She snapped taking the glasses and Mia put her head down leaving.

"Mrs?"

"She got me that shirt when I spilt coffee on myself one time. She's been married to Mike for like 10 years." I looked away again.

"I... need you to hate me, Dolly."

"Well sucks," I mumbled.

"I've hurt you mentally, physically... I... cheated."

"We weren't technically dating. The contract is void you don't own me an explanation."

"You can't be real Dolly. I've done so much shit to you and... your still not broken."

"I'm sorry."

"And now you're apologizing for it." She stood up going over to the window. I let out a breath and she ran her hand through her hair.

"I just want to go home."

"You got rid of your apartment. Just stay here till I got back... you can stay in one of the extra rooms and I can give you the key to it so you can lock it and in two weeks we'll go back and I'll help you get a place. I'll give you your privacy and space." She said turning towards me. "If you go out I'll have someone with you at all times and I promise you it'll be ok." I looked at her and I saw tears in her eyes. "I... don't know what I'm thinking right now. Or what I'm feeling, I just want you safe so... I'll call someone to take you back to my place."

"Can I wait here..." I mumbled quietly.

"Of course." She walked over to me and stopped, standing over me and then she kneeled down. "I'm about to break another rule." She said making me smile slightly. "I am so fucking sorry... I never thought I'd say this but... I hated it. It was..." she shook her head. "As soon as she left the hickey I pushed her away and left... you... know how I work and what I like and I've never had someone take care of me so well. You don't make me feel like shit for being into weird things and I am so sorry for fucking this up and I don't expect you to ever sign again so all I ask is for you to accept my apology." I looked at her for a long second, she hung her head and walked back to her desk. She worked and kept glancing at me, my chest was still in pain from the panic attack but I could breathe again and I was satisfied with that. My mind raced as I thought about staying at Lucy's, do I call her miss Davis? Or Lucy? Do I get her coffee and supper?