thirty four

I walked into a spare room on the second floor that I didn't even realize was there. My bags were already there and my cell phone, I sighed as I stared at the missed text. 'You are fucking crazy. I want to talk to you.' Then another. 'Call off your fucking dogs you cunt if I can't have you no one else will you failed before so now it's time to do it right I know you come here with someone so why are u at a hotel? No one wants you Dollface so time to give in its me or nothing' I locked the phone as Lucy spoke.

"Dolly."

"Yeah?" I turned to her and she was holding a cup of tea.

"Here love." I took it and took a sip then I lifted my eyes to her.

"Miss Dav-"

"Call me Lucy." I looked away.

"Where'd you go last night?" I asked.

"I... went to a bar." She let out a breath. "I... went to the club first to talk to some of the doms about what was going on."

"I'm sorry. This is all my fault if I had kept my mouth sh-"

"If I knew how to love someone it'd be no problem. But I don't, I literally can not love someone. It's not that I'm crazy I know that I love y-" she coughed. "I know when I love someone but I just... don't know how to show them."

"Maybe I should have kept you as a sub longer." I held back a smile and she smiled down at me.

"Smartass." We both smiled at each other and I took another sip of tea. "You should get some sleep." I glanced behind me at the bed then I looked up at Lucy who I was angry with still but... it was difficult. "Your more than welcome... to come sleep in bed with me..." my head snapped back to the text.

"Um... no I'll sleep by myself tonight."

"Ok... I am really sorry and I'm downstairs if you need me ok?"

"Thanks." I nodded. I grabbed my new books and sat them by the door, I changed into pj's and I sat on the bed and waited. As three thirty got closer I grabbed the books and went down to Lucy's study, I laid them on the desk and went down the hall towards the playroom. I looked at the lock for a long second put my hand on the door knob and wondered what was the chanc- it opened. I listened down the hall and the house was dead silent-poor choice of words. I went into the room and closed the door quietly, I went to Lucy's drawers and looked around until I found what I needed. I went to the bed and stood on it, doing what I needed to make things right. Lucy shouldn't have to feel guilty for not loving me and I shouldn't feel the pressure of... well the world. I pushed forward and everything went black.