5. Sparky is an orphan dog

At what time had it happened?
Last time she had seen them, Wanda's twins were just babies, newborns but somehow they were five years old now and even more precious than before.

"Auntie! Auntie!"

Billy lifted something over his head, pulling it so abruptly close to her face that she jumped back, causing Tommy to laugh at her reaction.

"What's that, little ones?" She asked, setting down the bag with baby clothes and toys that she had bought for her visit that day.

Too bad they couldn't use it anymore... 

Oh boy! The kids did grow up fast!

"A dog!" Tommy yelled, "we found him and we wanna keep him"

"Oh," Eve exclaimed, fully assuming her role as The  Spoiling Aunt ™ "if you want your mom to accept it, you'll have to get him cleaned!"

The children squealed with enthusiasm.

"A dog?" Jimmy Woo replied in the real world, "have we seen any other animals inside the Hex?"

At a nearby table, Darcy Lewis furiously computed the radiation data that Evangelina Ra'lk-Uar's powers had generated.

Sparky, that was the name of the twins' new puppy. Tommy and Billy had shown great audacity by disobeying their parents' direct orders.

Eve wanted (Seriously, she really wanted) to be on Wanda and Vision's side. The twins still felt too small to carry that level of responsibility, but, as always, her weak spot were those young little round faces.

She just loved them too much!

Agnes had arrived with a house for the puppy in good time, and Eve found a leash with the name Sparky on it gracefully as she rummaged through the bag of baby things (now it was dog stuff, apparently) that she had brought.

She would miss the soft blankets and the little baby clothes. Barely just one day and the twins were already too big for them to be carried!

Mmm...

Anyway, just children's things!

Children... ?

Eve took the dog's leash, and with her free hand she held her lower belly, it remained as flat as it has always been but something felt off for a second.

There was something ... Something that had brought back a memory ...

But she didn't know exactly what to remember.

How was your Valentine's Day so far?