3. Kids just wanna have fun (And is it bad?

Evangelina LOVED those kiddos.

They were small and soft and restless. They squirmed and wouldn't stop screaming and fidgeting in her arms or inside their cribs or on top of their parents.

They were barely a few hours old. Eve had just truly met Wanda's twins (Once that annoying intruder agent was gone) and she already adored them with her whole life!

She would do anything to protect them.

As she cradled the youngest one, Billy, Eve sleepily wondered where that thought had come from.

Protect them? From what? If anything interesting rarely happened in West View, much less something potentially dangerous.

The baby stirred in her arms, crying at the top of his lungs. His little pink cheeks were damp with sweat and crying. His ears were bright red.

Evie continued to rock him, lulling him to songs she didn't exactly remember learning.

In the kitchen, Wanda and Vision were arguing about something. Eve sensed about what could it be about, but only with the brief rumor of their words, there was nothing really clear.

Anyway, Eve didn't care about them.

The babies were crying, Billy in her arms and Tommy in the crib at her side, and she couldn't make them stop.

How could she do it by herself? Eve knew nothing about anything, not about the life before she came to West View, much less about how to calm children.

She just wanted them to feel good, to be calm...

Safe.

"Would you like to see, hmm ...?" She asked the twins "... this?"

One of her hands passed through the small portal she had created just for them, it went from her side arm to above Billy's head. The children calmed down and watched the event for a few seconds, almost fascinated. Their small eyes opened wide for an instant, as if they were analyzing the scene.

Eve smiled, satisfied.

She had accomplished her task.

And then the twins burst into tears at the same time. Again.

"Evie," Vision called out to her, leaving the kitchen with no previous warning. Her vortex quickly shut close, " I think it would be convenient for you to come visit us later," He announced, and Evie was inevitably pouting inmediatly, "We'll be, uh, busy with the kids."

"I can help you!"

She had no problem with it, after all, little and nothing she had to do there at West View. Nothing aside from...

"Evie..." Wanda emphasized, looking at her with those pleading eyes of she.

"Oh," Eve murmured, suddenly disheartened at the thought of abandoning the little ones.

The children... She loved them, in all their forms and sizes, so innocents, so funny...  Especially there, where there was no other kid around to care of...

Hmm...

"See you later then!"

Her walk back through town was short and average: Housewives cleaned their front yarss and arranged their gardens decorously. Entrepreneurs and businessmen hurried down the sidewalk to get to their places of employment.

It made Evie think.

She didn't have a job, but she slept in a big house with spacious rooms and a large garden, always comfortable and so full of tasty food.

Heading to her house, walking down that path of lined streets and neat green lawns, Evie thought on the beauty of the town.

It was another perfect day at West View.

Her green flowery dress shook in the warm breeze of the day and the milk delivery man, Teodore, kindly greeted her from the insides of his truck. Evie returned the greeting.

With the sun over her head, Eve suddenly felt her chest compress.

What was happening to her?

She was terrified.

Stopping a moment, just a few houses away from hers, something moistened the fabric of the soft handkerchief she had tied around her neck.

Eve hold her face with both hands in shock.

What is wrong with me? She thought, as she awkwardly tried to hold back the stream of tears that was beginning to flow from her eyes.

Am I ill? She wondered, as she ran to hide behind a bush, unable to contain her own crying. Am I sick? 

Kneeling against a thicket, a lush bush of luscious blue and lilac flowers, hidden from view of all the perfect and beautiful West View folks, Eve kept crying without really knowing why.