33. The Basement

In the insides of a dungeon creepy-as-hell, Wanda finally understood she had fell in an elaborated trick.

>>In a given space, only the witch who cast the runes can use her magic<<

Agatha Harkness had revealed herself and Wanda had dragged herself and Evie to the epicenter of her silly game.

That single thought make her not only incredible mad but also nervous as she no longer can control the string that kept Evie at her side, under full control.

Her plan had been to find her children, calm down a little, and rearrange the whole scheme within her little home. For that she needed Evie, the calm and taciturn Evie acting under her guidance, not the Evie who falls apart at the slightest contact with her own thoughts without Wanda's filters on her.

"I am not a witch" Wanda mumbles.

Where were her kids?

"How did you create all of this then?" Agatha asked "How are you keeping a child of Thanos captivated for so long?"

That very name made her stopped her thought wheel immediately.

"Thanos?"

Wanda knew her sister-in-law had done bad things. She was no fool, she knew that Evangelina's name was one feared by many.

But, a daughter of Thanos? Evie had fought alongside her on Titan.

Though, then again, the unbearable amount of power Evie had held during that fight...

Something isn't right.

"Didn't you hear the neighborhood's gossip, Wanda?" Agatha snapped "Evie got in the gems' quest, found her golden cow, milked it and left everyone else behind"

Outside Wanda's magical cage, Evie remained silent. Sitting on her thighs and stunned under some kind of incantation performed by Agatha. Eyes completely white again. She didn't even blink nor move her chest.

She seemed frozen.

What...? What had she done through all those years Wanda had not seen her?

"How are ya' feelin', darling Evangeline?"

Evie still had all those features that had made her more human (Except for the pupils that had been taken away by Agatha's enchantment): The eyebrows, the pinkish color in her face and lips, the brand new shape of her ears.

But when Evie shook her head from side to side, gently nooding her head, it became easier for the other two women to perceive her more extraterrestrial side.

"I've heard about you, but I have to confess: I though you were a myth" Agatha Harkness said "A being capable of access the outer Nexus. No negotiation, no deal needed. The half of a Trojan Horse for any universe you step in. A born evil. "

"I am not evil" Evie whispered, finally moving to hold her lower belly with both arms "I am not evil" She softly repeated to herself.

The forces that permanently followed Evie screamed, Wanda could feel them creeping around her soul. She didn't know what they were, just that they felt heavy and evil and extremely powerful. Like pure dark energy dancing around a being as unstable as her sister-in-law.

Wanda had thought she imagined them but now she wonders if Agatha senses them too.

"But now that you are here, under a beginner's witch spell. Giving no fight, thinking on the forgiveness you do not deserve"

Evie closed her eyes and abruptly put both hands over her ears. She began to shake.

Wanda could felt her delicate stability beginning to fall.

"You seem weak for a Ra'lk-Uar" Agatha said.

"DON'T SAY THAT NAME!"

Around them, the dungeon's wall shook at Evie's screams. The doors of each entry were briefly blurred out.

"That's it my girl" Agatha said "You're right" Glancing over both of them with an ambitious glint in her newly acquired eyes "I've only heard stories, now I wanna see the real things."

Muttering indistinguishable words, Agatha Harkness split her person in two, a spell Wanda had only seen Dr. Strange perform.

One version of the witch walked up to her side, next to her inside the rune circle, and the other bent down to pluck a hair from Evie's head and, after a few short murmurs, a dark hole appeared underneath. his feet.

"Go" Both Agathas said at the same time, the one at Evie's side pushed her slightly to get closer to the dark hole "Show me the things you're really capable of when you're not playing Modern Housewives in a friend's house."