34. Memories

I'm sorry this chapter took so long. I really don't have an excuse but I hope y'all are doing great.

The blankets, the colors of the walls, the gentle breeze that freezes your breath. The smell of her perfume, messy girl's shoes, the needles on the small reinforced vibranium table...

"What is this?" The voice of Agatha Harkness asked "Where are we?"

Eve must be under her witchy spell, logically (How else would she return to a memory of her childhood cabin?)

But that didn't make Eve feel any less uneasy.

The ceiling above her head was vaulted and dark, just as Eve remembered it. Too many years playing, crying and dying under it, so many that it would be hard to forget every single mark she had made on it.

"What is this, Evangelina Ra'lk-Uar?" Agatha Harkness' voice repeated. The witch nowhere to be seen.

Above the battered arrangement of crushed old sheets and pillows, a scrawny figure with whitish hair stood out. Little Eve stands in front of a mirror, dressed only in a rumpled beige pajama set and a pair of bi-colored socks.

Behind her, a man held her shoulders with strong hands and repeated "Un jour tu pourrais faire ça, ma douce petite"

"This was my home for a while after I left Earth" Eve replied, unable to hide her words from the custody of the newly discovered witch (And formerly neighbor) "I was a child. Just turned seven years old then"

>> Je peut le faire, pappa!

At that age, Eve could only do small things: Move an object from one room to another or transport herself a few steps ahead.

But her persistence was stubborn and she would not stop until she learned all that she could learn.

Her father, a beautiful specimen, a worthy son of Titan par excellence, was a lord of large features and strange skin who had allied himself with her mother in an attempt to conquer the unconquerable.

>> Oui, c'est bon ma petite. Alors, ta mère nous nous rappelle sur le command.

Hearing those words come out of his mouth, from her very father, made all of her muscles tense. She wasn't directly interacting with the dream, but she still hurt.

"Why is this memory so important to you?" The older witch referred somewhere in the near space "Is this the day of your parents' deads?"

"No" Eve answered out of inertia "This is the day I died"

The giant man and the little girl left the cabin and reappeared in front of a gleaming gray metal door where they found themselves, the pilot of the ship in the vision of Eve's former mother.

Sylvy had been a scientist, a woman of science with ambitions beyond the clouds. With much more determination than maternal or moral love.

>> Mamma! Je suis ici

>> Alors petite << Sylvy said >> On va personne a connu <<