9. The Dog Incident

Agnes held the puppy's corpse next to her body. Wrapped up like that, so small and fluffy, it seemed, ... it seemed like...

Like something that Eve for some reason had on the tip of her tongue but couldn't quite remember.

"Mom," Little Tommy whimpered, "you can do everything, why don't you bring him back?"

"Because it's not the right, sweetheart." Wanda's soft and maternal voice lulled the dismay out of her children.

Inside her mind, something told Eve that she should focus on the present, but she couldn't.

She remembered something, and at the same time she did not.

Disjointed images, a flashback with people screaming, hundreds of screams, thousands perhaps, and a sharp spam of pain.

“Don't get old!” Wanda was quick to reply, her high tone from her drawing her back to reality. "I know that the urge to run away from this feeling is very strong..."

Eve lowered her gaze to that space where the fabric of her shirt and her high trousers met. Perfectly flat. Hmm.

Had she expected to find something different?

Agnes grabbed her arm and she realized from her just then that she had been reeling all along.

"Are you okay, Auntie Evie?"

Billy's long hair shook a bit when he spoke to her, thanks to the fresh air of the afternoon. Beside him, his twin brother was also looking at her.

"Do you think we will have twins?"
"I think they will be perfect."

In and out. Just an instant, the duration of a heartbeat.

Light hair, big arms, whose voice was it?

Agnes cleared her throat to get Eve's attention back.

"Perfectly, darling," she replied to her nephew as soon as she could. "Don't worry. ”she lied.

Wanda was looking at her as well, with genuine concern inside her eyes, those eyes that were full of questions with so few answers, but she wasn't going to ask her anything. Eve knew it. Wanda wouldn't dare disturb her children like that.

"I think it's time to go," was the only thing Wanda said.

As the mother and her children said goodbye, and started walking down the street, Agnes poked her arm with the tip of one of her sharp nails.

"Are you feeling good, Evangelina?"

Eve's body jerked, it was like waking up from a coma but just for a brief moment.

What are your thoughts/theories for tomorrow's episode?